cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Files in Creo Windows folders reset when Creo is restarted

BriGuy
11-Garnet

Files in Creo Windows folders reset when Creo is restarted

Here's a weird question that might be an IT thing.  In my C:\ptc\etc\templates folder, we have start parts for parts, drawings & assemblies.  If I add any files to this folder, it shows the new files that were added.  However, once I open up Creo, the files are removed.  Even if I edit the name of the existing files, they get renamed back to the original file name.

There is a batch file that runs when Creo is opened.  Is it this that causes it?  I think the CAD Admin that I replaced set up a lot of things when they switched from Wildfire to Creo 2.0, which we are currently still using.  The same thing happens with the Templates, Tables and Symbols folder in the Etc subdirectory.  Someone a couple years ago had added to the Symbols folder, so I know it's not a default thing.  Could this be just a simple folder permissions thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BriGuy)

Sounds like the old admin did a cleansing on the folder when Creo starts. I have seen this before.

The start up batch file for Creo will delete all the files in C:\ptc\etc\templates and then copy a 'clean' set of files from a server location. This is used to eliminate the files that may have been created by someone other than an admin and saved. It forces the server side files to always be used.

I do not use this trick. I prefer to point my template_dir setting to the network folder and lock down that folder so only admins can write to it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BriGuy)

Sounds like the old admin did a cleansing on the folder when Creo starts. I have seen this before.

The start up batch file for Creo will delete all the files in C:\ptc\etc\templates and then copy a 'clean' set of files from a server location. This is used to eliminate the files that may have been created by someone other than an admin and saved. It forces the server side files to always be used.

I do not use this trick. I prefer to point my template_dir setting to the network folder and lock down that folder so only admins can write to it.

Thanks Ben.  Yeah, I just found that out the location on the server it was pointing to for the refresh.  I've added what I needed to that folder and it carried over to my C directory.  Thanks.

Top Tags