cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Fills and Boundary Blends explode, anything I can change to prevent this?

StevetS
1-Newbie

Fills and Boundary Blends explode, anything I can change to prevent this?

I'm not sure why Creo does this so often, but it's getting really old to constantly try to fix. When I have a surface whether it be a fill, or another boundary that has a hole or surface extrude cut through it Creo will explode the entire model when that hole is filled in.. Please see pics for examples as I am having trouble explaining this. I'm wondering if there is a graphics config that I can change to help eliminate this problem. The workarounds are ModelCheck Regen, then mess with layers which doesn't usually help but has worked in the past. After several ModelChecks I can close the model and clear the session. This only helps maybe half the time. After that my last bet is to restart Creo all together. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bb.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm just going to throw this down here to explain the actual solution. I'm not trying to take credit for this as several of you have helped along the way including Jonathan Hodgson and John Butler. Since I can't mark 3 correct answers I'm writing this to help anyone having similar issues.

I am running the AMD FirePro W7000 graphics card in this machine. It has given me serious issues in the past and after a driver update in December of 2016 a lot of the slow performance was fixed. When we added the "win32_gdi" to the end of the config.pro in notepad and disabled the graphics card from being used the problems were completely fixed. When we figured that out we added another driver update and so far so good. I have done everything I was doing that could cause it to fail and so far I haven't had any success (thank God!). According to our tech guy here AMD was a bit slow at releasing a driver that would patch some of these issues. Anyways, it's out now and is available on the AMD website. Thanks for the responses everyone!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

It's been doing it all day. exp.PNG

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StevetS)

Now that's impressive!!

Haha we all agree with you here!

Have you tried setting graphics win32_gdi (temporary test setting), to see whether it's a video driver issue?

Yes!! Got in touch with a tech support guy yesterday that had me add this. We found out it's 100% the AMD graphics card in this machine. Putting in for an NVidia card even though other members of the tech team say I have "all the best hardware"....

I have had issues with my GPU (AMD FirePro W4100) doing this (although in my case it was during attached previews), and switching to the Dell-packaged driver version 15.201.2401.0 fixed the issue. I have tried both older and newer driver versions and they all show the same issues so I'm a bit stuck. I'd have thought that the AMD-packaged driver of the same version would work fine.

Unfortunately this version also has the issue detailed at https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS235991 where 'continuous tone' in the Simulate post-processor exhibits graphical glitches.

I have the AMD FirePro W7000 in this machine and disabling that with the GDI Config solved the problem immediately. We had a new Tech guy start a couple weeks ago and has been really helpful so far. He said the AMD cards are definitely not ideal for Creo and with the slow operation of Creo and these graphics issues I believe him. We're gonna put in for a new Nvidia graphics card to hopefully get past this slow performance and other issues ASAP. Thanks for your reply.

I'm just going to throw this down here to explain the actual solution. I'm not trying to take credit for this as several of you have helped along the way including Jonathan Hodgson and John Butler. Since I can't mark 3 correct answers I'm writing this to help anyone having similar issues.

I am running the AMD FirePro W7000 graphics card in this machine. It has given me serious issues in the past and after a driver update in December of 2016 a lot of the slow performance was fixed. When we added the "win32_gdi" to the end of the config.pro in notepad and disabled the graphics card from being used the problems were completely fixed. When we figured that out we added another driver update and so far so good. I have done everything I was doing that could cause it to fail and so far I haven't had any success (thank God!). According to our tech guy here AMD was a bit slow at releasing a driver that would patch some of these issues. Anyways, it's out now and is available on the AMD website. Thanks for the responses everyone!

Top Tags