cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Finding a table name

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Finding a table name

When you build a drawing format and use a table from a file, is there any way to tell what that table name was after the fact. You can click on the table number in the model tree and get detailed information about the table formatting, but not the name of the table file that was used to create the table. I have many tables that I have had to create a spreadsheet for to remember what all the table names are that I have used in the various formats and drawing templates. How many others would appreciate the file name of the table being maintained in the properties of the table? I am on Creo 7.0.5.0.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I would use following trick:

• put table file name into table cell
  • set height of table file name to 0.001 mm

Once you know where to look for a name in the table, you can view it at any time.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

Nice workaround, but not a real solution. PTC (Creo) knows the name of the table when you selected it to Add from File, so just capture the name in the table properties.

I am documenting my table names in a spreadsheet and adding the parameters that are used in each table.

@BenLoosli wrote:

Nice workaround, but not a real solution. PTC (Creo) knows the name of the table when you selected it to Add from File, so just capture the name in the table properties.

I am documenting my table names in a spreadsheet and adding the parameters that are used in each table.

Hi,

you can try to go to https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/idb-p/creoparametric page, create new idea AND keep your fingers crossed that the PTC will accept it soon. The probability of this is 0.001 percent.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags