cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

FlexLM floating license "counted"?

bmüller
13-Aquamarine

FlexLM floating license "counted"?

Hi!

from a single Client ptcstatus shows the following outputs (short version):

License Server is UP:
Warning (-96): License server machine is down or not responding.
See the system adminstrator about starting the license server system, or
make sure you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE).
FLEXnet Licensing error:-96,7. System Error: 11001 "WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)"
License In Use Free
------- ------ ----
ISDO_II_SET* Counted
PVMCADPRO Counted
ProductView_Professional Counted

FlexLM lmadmin 11.14.

But I can start Creo 2.0 M250 and get a valid licenses. Other Clients on the same network work as expected - showing the used / free licenses.

What does the "counted" mean in general? I get this message on another license Server too. But this on is realy down/not working properly.

br Bernhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:bmüller)

We had the error again on multiple clients. After some search with PTC Support we found the solution... This error can occur if the "SERVER xxx" entry in the flexlm license file (license.dat) is wrong or the client cannot reach the server by this hostname - e.g. no FQDN. It does not matter if the right server is entered in the ptcstatus.bat.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

open ptcstatus.bat in Notepad and check path to license in line beginning with

set PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE=

Martin Hanák

Counted can appear when same license feature is available in license for multiple versions. 

Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND) can be due to server name. Check Windows services and make sure there is only one service for license manager. 

Hm have checked the License Files.

I have copied the ptcstatus.bat for 2 different Servers (same Client) - just replaced the license server name. Both still work.

On this client I have the "counted" output since FlexLM upgrade to 11.14.

For another server I always get the "counted" - from any client.

But ptcstatus .bat lists the right feature names, so there has to be a connection?!

br Bernhard

bmüller
13-Aquamarine
(To:bmüller)

We had the error again on multiple clients. After some search with PTC Support we found the solution... This error can occur if the "SERVER xxx" entry in the flexlm license file (license.dat) is wrong or the client cannot reach the server by this hostname - e.g. no FQDN. It does not matter if the right server is entered in the ptcstatus.bat.

Top Tags