cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Flush Surface Weld Symbol - How do I create?

EM_9391918
5-Regular Member

Flush Surface Weld Symbol - How do I create?

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.7.0

How can I make the custom weld symbol that I need? I have an image of the symbol I need to create, but I don't know how to replicate it within Creo.

Image of symbol:
https://i.imgur.com/g0cREkW.png

A colleague created this symbol in SolidWorks. I need to put this symbol in my drawing in Creo.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:EM_9391918)

There should be a symbol in your loadpoint called surfacing.sym

mine is at C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 6.0.6.0\Common Files\symbols\library_syms\weldsymlib\ansi_weld\simple

You can copy that symbol out and edit it as needed or just use it and sketch the flush line on the drawing.

StephenW_0-1686757858839.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:EM_9391918)

There should be a symbol in your loadpoint called surfacing.sym

mine is at C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 6.0.6.0\Common Files\symbols\library_syms\weldsymlib\ansi_weld\simple

You can copy that symbol out and edit it as needed or just use it and sketch the flush line on the drawing.

StephenW_0-1686757858839.png

EM_9391918
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Thanks Stephen. Initially I didn't see the option to add a tail and text to the symbol, but then I found it. Drawing the line manually is a little clunky, but maybe the line isn't a standard feature of a surface weld symbol.

I appreciate your quick response and help.

Top Tags