cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Forgot LMutility Admin password

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Forgot LMutility Admin password

I am trying to install a new license file and I have forgotten the username/password to the LMutility. I know what the default ones are, but they are not working and I don't remember changing them. Is there a way to find the username/password? I know I could remove the software and reload it, but I am on a triad and would have to do that 3 times.

I am hoping that when I restart the servers tonight, they will pick up the new file, which I have named the same as the old one.

One last LMutilty question: The log files have gotten large in 2+ years. Can I just move these files to a sub-folder and the system will create new ones when it restarts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

If you're talking about FlexLM, then yes, you can simply stop the service, updated the license.dat file with the necessary information and then restart the service.  Yes, you can move/delete the log files and when you start the service new ones will automatically be created.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

If you're talking about FlexLM, then yes, you can simply stop the service, updated the license.dat file with the necessary information and then restart the service.  Yes, you can move/delete the log files and when you start the service new ones will automatically be created.

Ben,

in Services dialog box, you can Stop/Start:

• lmadmin_ptc service

-OR-

• FLEXlm server for PTC service

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ben,

There is no mechanism in license manager to recover or reset forget password. About configuring new license file in existing license manager, you can replace the license.dat in licensing folder with new license after replacing SERVER and DAEMON lines in new license file.

To restart the license server you can use lmadmin_ptc system service (As mentioned by Martin).

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

If you're using the PTC FlexNET Admin Utility, the administrator password is stored in the server.xml file located in C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Admin License Server\conf\.  You can simply replace the password hash with a plain text string.  (You don't need to hash it.)

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

Tom,

Something new for me, did you tried this?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Yes.  Forgot password.    This fixed it. 

P.S.  Mahesh Sharma, case number 10606874 if you're interested.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

Thanks, Tom, that worked.

Had to shutdown the service and restart it.

I am on a triad, so I guess I need to do the same on each node independently.

Here is the article - "How to reset user name and password in FLEXnet Admin License Server Web Interface": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS32540 

Top Tags