cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Frequent crash of creo5.0 M170, we are using windchill 9.1 to save the data

krade
5-Regular Member

Frequent crash of creo5.0 M170, we are using windchill 9.1 to save the data

We are getting frequent crash of creo5.0 M170 since last few days, we are using windchill 9.1 to save the data. Crashes are random and not a particular scenario.

I have tried to reinstall software, update graphics driver, hardware is also supported one, checked traceback log but still the issue is not resolved.

The issue is occurring from last few days, and the crash is occurring on some of the PCs only.

The traceback log is showing some EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

@ Any idea about such issues?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ketan,

Normally, you should open a case with Tech Support to have this traceback analyzed.  But I put it through the analysis tool real quick and based on the information, the issue appears to be graphics related.

I would suggest you take a look at the Platform Support page for Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and verify the driver version of your graphics card.

Thanks,

Amit

krade
5-Regular Member
(To:AmitDeshpande)

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the answer.

It has been found out that on some of the systems the windows patch is not updated.

Updating the patch and graphics driver seems to resolve the issue.

Still i need to keep an eye on any of such incidents.

Best Regards,

Ketan

krade
5-Regular Member
(To:krade)

The issue seems didn't get resolved with windows patch update and graphics driver update.

On some of the machines, i am still getting crash.

I would be contacting PTC support.

Top Tags