cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Fully asynchronous mode of VB API in Wildfire 4

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

Fully asynchronous mode of VB API in Wildfire 4

Hi,

does anybody know how to set up / run a so called "full asychronous mode" application with VB API. I am using WF4 and datecode M060.

I am able to use the simple asych mode; connect to a running Pro/E session or start a new session.

I am not able to run the sample applications that are installed in the vbapi sample dir in <proe_inst>.

My configuration:

--> env var pro_comm_msg_exe is set correctly

--> env var pro_directory is set (to the Pro/E installation directory; not to \bin)

--> com server has been registered by running <proe_inst>/bin/vb_api_register.bat

--> When setting the working dir to c:\temp I ensured that I have a text subdir in c:\temp containing all the *.txt message files coming with the demo files. I also tried to install the text subdir to a subdir in the application directory (*.exe location) itself...

Problem description:
When running the sample dialog (see attached jpg) and clicking on "Full Asynch" Pro/E is started, but the VB dialog hangs and does not display the next dialog with some demo functions as in simple asynch mode (clicking on Connect or Start).

Any ideas ???

Thanks4Help.

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Andreas,

Have you received any responses to this?

Don

In Reply to Donald Anderson:

Andreas,

Have you received any responses to this?

Don

No, unfortunately not.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

> --> When setting the working dir to c:\temp I ensured that I have a text subdir in c:\temp
> containing all the *.txt message files coming with the demo files. I also tried to install
> the text subdir to a subdir in the application directory (*.exe location) itself...
>
> Problem description:
> When running the sample dialog (see attached jpg) and clicking on "Full Asynch" Pro/E is
> started, but the VB dialog hangs and does not display the next dialog with some demo
> functions as in simple asynch mode (clicking on Connect or Start).

I have found with VB API and J-Link that when connecting to a Pro/E session, the connect
function actually ignores the "text directory" argument. This causes problems because
Pro/E cannot find your text message files. I don't think Pro/Toolkit has this same issue.

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but I would try it again with the text
message files in the working directory. Pro/E can always seem to find the files if they
are in the working directory or Pro/E's /text directory. This is obviously far from ideal
from a developer's point of view.

Or you could have some other problem, hard to say for sure ...

Marc
--
Marc Mettes
-
Visit My CAD/PDM AutomationBlog
Or, Subscribe to My CAD/PDM Automation Blog by Email

Hello Andreas,

6years have passed since this message was posted, and I have EXACTLY the same problem in CREO 2.0.

Did you find a solution?

Stephane

Top Tags