cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

GCRI in CREO 7

pdiletti
6-Contributor

GCRI in CREO 7

Hello everybody.

Is it confirmed that in CREO 7 the GCRI methodology is not supported anymore ?

I can't find the "readnewermodels.dll" file.

Thanks

Pierluigi 

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:pdiletti)

Correct.  Because multi-body was introduced in Creo 7, GCRI will no longer work with any earlier versions. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS34964

Starting in Creo 7.0, GCRI is removed and no longer supported due to multibody functionality introduced in Creo 7.0

• Creo 6.0 models can be opened in Creo 5.0 using GCRI
  • Creo 7.0 and future release models cannot be opened in previous releases using GCRI
  • Starting in Creo 7.0, use non-GCRI methods discussed in CS34192 to open models in previous releases
  • There are plans to implement a new solution in the future that will support multibody; subscribe to this article to stay up to date

What is actually the current state of affairs here?
Has anyone already had experience with Creo 8.0? Can files created with Creo 8.0 be opened with Creo 7.0?

I am also wondering if there is an update to this.  I need to open a CREO 8 file in Creo 7.  Does anyone have that solution or is it still the same?  Thanks. 

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:RW_9130659)

PTC is working on a new solution for Creo+ backwards compatibility. I can't find an article on it but they have mentioned it at conferences. Its possible that it may also work for Creo 8,9,10. I not aware of a tool that is available today though. You could open up a ticket with PTC and ask.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RW_9130659)

Have you tried to create a neutral file in Creo 8 and open it in Creo 7?

Not much better than using a STEP or IGES file, but any of those 3 methods should work.

The successor of GCRI is probably ReleaseLink.
ReleaseLink, however, is only available from Creo 8.0.8.0 and later versions.
There seems to be a break between Creo 7.0 and 8.0, however, and to my knowledge there is no convenient way to open Creo data created with Creo 8.0 or newer in Creo 7.0.
More details can be found in PTC article CS373979.

Top Tags