cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Graphics issue on a Lenovo W500 with Creo 1.0 W7 64bit

DavidBlackburn
1-Newbie

Graphics issue on a Lenovo W500 with Creo 1.0 W7 64bit

I am unable to find an updated driver for this excellent laptop from lenovo. It has an ATI Mobility FireGL V5700, which works excellent with Wildfire 4.0 and Windows 7 64 bit.

The issue is that when I open a second model/drawing/any pro/e window 1/5 of the window on the right hand side turns negative (like a picture negative,). It is black background and all of geometry is a bluish purple in that area. Any additional windows that I open have this issue.

Wondering if anyone else has run into this on other makes and models of laptop or work station.

I have an Lenovo S20 workstation with an Nvidia card and it runs is running smoothly at this time.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hello!

The issue is that when I open a second model/drawing/any pro/e window 1/5 of the window on the right hand side turns negative (like a picture negative,). It is black background and all of geometry is a bluish purple in that area. Any additional windows that I open have this issue.

Could you show a screenshot with this problem?

And here you can find Creo 1.0 Hardware Support by Lenovo: http://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=127697

Creo_Support_Lenovo.JPG

Latest Graphics driver appears to have addressed the issue. After this latest graphics driver update I have been unable to get the issue to reproduce.

Hi David.

I have a couple of users on a Lenovo w500 with same ATI graphic card as you have.

But I have not been able to find a driver which solves the problem.

Actually with the latest driver from ATI Creo 1.0 is not able to start up at all.

Can you send me the detailed Driver Date and Driver version?

Thanks in advance

Peter Christoffersen

Wow they make replying way harder than it should still not sure how I got the reply button to finally appear. Peter I am unable to help you with this one. We have replaced our w500 with the w520. the w520 is not showing this issue.

David

David,

Thanks for your quick responce. I have come to the same conclusion. We will replace the w500 with w520 with Nvidia graphic card as well.

Peter

Top Tags