cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Hard regen, soft regen questions

James62
10-Marble

Hard regen, soft regen questions

Hello,

1) What's the difference between hard regen and soft regen in Creo parametric? Considering top-down design methodology if that even matters there. Which is what I am unsure about.

2) How can I do soft, hard or any other regen in Creo parametric?

3) When modeling an assembly using top-down approach, do I always have to open the whole assembly and force it to regen before saving it?

4) Do I always have to open the top level assembly and regen and save it after making modifications to sub assemblies or lower level parts? I think I've seen my assembly to "roll back" on me once or twice at least.

5) What are the old versions of models good for? The sizes of Creo files are excessive.

I always purge the old versions at the end of each work day and make sure the top level assembly is the latest model in the group of all of my models in working directory. So it won't "roll back" on me the next morning I open it.

Maybe it's just me but sometimes I think the model of the assembly is "all alive" and needs special care. That makes the whole process of making the design kind of unstable and Creo to look unreliable.

Why can't I just save it and go home? Guess I am doing it all wrong.

Thanks for your replies.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags