cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Has Creo 2.0 M030 solved all your woes?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Has Creo 2.0 M030 solved all your woes?

I have it downloaded but hesitate the install.

Please post your experience here.

10 REPLIES 10

Same here.

M020 resolved the issue with crashing on redefinition of assembly drawing xsec crosshatching.

Wish for M030 to keep it that way and resolve some of the annoying assembly regen problems.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:TomD.inPDX)

It's Okay

I bit the bullet, of course not minding what I know... don't update in the middle of a project.

It was a bit painful. With the old WF3 license manager, the install didn't find the running LM server so it installed a new one, again.

I also installed to the default folder 1st... DUH! So uninstall and re-install in my folder of choice, change path statement in windows, uninstall the M030 LM server, and reboot. The WF3 LM server remained in tact and Creo booted up fine.

Now to move all my files back into the Creo Common folders and update all my shortcuts.

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

PCF print file that we use for M020 build works fine, yet when used on M030 build it prints offset. I had to make a new PCF file just for this build. So far, I did not see anything improved. I am using it for three days now.

Thanks for that heads-up, Danilo

Did you notice if M030 seems slower? I have a drawing with a lot of textured faces and it was definitely slower to zoom and pan. I had to turn texture off where in M020 it was still quite interactive.

I did notice the appearance manager got fixed

dveljkovic
6-Contributor

I did notice that it is somewhat slower than M020. There is some kind of lag, especially in drawing mode on large assemblies. Desktop is OK but my laptop is slower for sure.

dveljkovic
6-Contributor
(To:dveljkovic)

I am waiting on Creo to finish refreshing of the drawing while I am writing this. M030 is DEFINITELY SLOWER than M020 on big assemblies/drawings.

Is it just me or is M030 proving quite unstable?

2 hard crashes already today; very poor graphics performance.

I might have to go back to M020 to get the job done.

Anyone else having serious issues?

I've got about 12 days till my maintanance runs out and this is the last subversion of Creo 2.0 I am getting.

Crud...

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Man, I am NOT getting a "warm and fuzzy" feeling about going from WF5/creo to the next version........

Top Tags