cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Has the Mechanism Extension been un-bundeld from Creo?

David_M
5-Regular Member

Has the Mechanism Extension been un-bundeld from Creo?

I was told recently that upgrading Creo is significantly more expensive if you want to keep the mechanism extension that came with Creo Elements/Pro Foundation XE. A baseline upgrade to Creo 3.0 would disable that module entirely. This was a little surprising because Foundation XE was the baseline bundle as well. That's not much of an incentive to upgrade.

I'm not sure when this happened exactly. Possibly with Creo 3.0. My Creo 1.0 licence does include the mechanism extension.

5 REPLIES 5

This is news to me, David.

If you had mechanism in Creo 1.0, you still have it in Creo 3.0 if you kept your maintenance up.

The problem with mechanism is that it doesn't install by default. You have to remember to include it during the install procedure.

That is true. Check parametric.psf file in Creo 2.0 instalation. It mus contain the line similar to:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv (127)

127 ... Mechanism Design

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:David_M)

I think you've both misunderstood. I haven't got Creo 3.0, I've got a quote for it. Two quotes actually, with and without mechanism.

Is there another mechanism module that the reseller could have got confused with?

David,

yes there is Creo Mechanism Dynamics Extension (MDO).

See Simulate Real-World Forces in the CAD Environment | PTC

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:David_M)

Ah I bet that's what's happened. I'll give them a call and explain.

Top Tags