cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Helical Trajectory Milling Issue

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Helical Trajectory Milling Issue

I do quite a bit of helical trajectory milling but since updating to creo2.0 M110 the helical milling is quite slow calculating the tool path. At the bottom of the curve cut menu there is a button that you can turn off that is for viewing toolpath updated for every modification. When you turn this button off it speeds the calculation up. This button is always on when you open trajectory curve.

trajectory.JPG

The question that I have is there a way to turn this off when i open trajectory curve until I want to use it ? I looked through the config options, but there seems to be none for trajectory milling.

I also looked on Olaf Cortens site at the config options that are hidden. There is one that looks like it is for just what I am asking about but when typed into the config it doesn't allow me to add it(mfg_trajectory_preview).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I fear the defaults are hard coded and cannot be changed. For reference, I created an article in our database with all the information I could find: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS176615

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:gkoch)

Thanks Gunter,

That is what I thought, that it was not changeable. but at least it you are aware of the issue and it might help to get it changed. The other issue I have while we are on the subject of helical trajectory milling is the only way to leave stock on the bottom of a blind hole is with axis shift. I would like to see a bottom stock as well as the profile stock that is available.

Steve

With trajectory milling making the tool follow curves or other predefined paths with 2, 3, 4 or 5 axes, "bottom" is probably not always clear defined, so there is no extra option for bottom_stock_allow.

Maybe you can abuse CHK_SRF_STOCK_ALLOW for this purpose?

dbrainsky-2
5-Regular Member
(To:SteveLucas)

Type mfg_trajectory_preview no into the config.pro using a text editor. Save the config.pro and either restart Creo or go to the config.pro in Creo and import the your edited file.

Thanks Dave,

Tried but It didn't work I wish it did because that is what I am looking for.

trajectory1.JPG

Top Tags