cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Help! Stop the Hair Loss!!! config.pro gone bezerk!

ptc-113113
1-Newbie

Help! Stop the Hair Loss!!! config.pro gone bezerk!

I'm pulling out the few remaining hairs out of my head. Pro/E is driving me CRAZY!!!

I am editing a config_exp.pro file in notepad and then loading it into Pro/E. I can save the exact same file and load it into Pro/E and sometimes it says there is an error in my mapkey and sometimes not!! Same file was loaded. Since Pro/E loves to overwrite my file automatically, I am sure to resave from notepad, even if I haven/t made changes to ensure Pro/E is loading MY file.

Suggestions?
Andrew

WF3 M110
Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M030

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
MSav
4-Participant
(To:ptc-113113)

Remove the "_exp" from the file name.

I'm working in my home\proE startup directory. I am not messing with our corporate config.pro file prt (yet)

(Hair restorers...)
*Realize Pro/E saves config_exp.pro every time I hit the "Apply " or "Ok" button (stupid stupid stupid Pro/E!)
*Delete the mapkeys from the Options window and hit apply, then resave from notepad
*Check the end of each line for the continuation character "\" Make sure the last line does not have a "\" and all the other lines do
*Where did I place the characters ";;"? Should only occur at the end of a mapkey
*using "mapkey(continued) " seems to help avoid errors (though it shouldn't be necessary ref.

Follow this sequence:
-Open Pro/E (once)
-Load config_exp.pro tools->options->open
-check for errors-> hit apply
-modify code in notepad, save from notepad
- tools->options->delete mapkey under development ->apply
-resave config_exp.pro from notepad
-back in pro/e still in the options dialogue box re-open ...

Top Tags