cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Help with Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 setup

avi_sharma
6-Contributor

Help with Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 setup

I have Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 Pre-Production license but don't have the setup. PTC can only provide the latest datecode i.e. M220 and that doesn't work with the license (PTC support case didn't help either).

Kindly help me download the required setup so that the license can be utilized.

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:avi_sharma)

Typically pre-production licenses are also time-dated, so even if you had the software to install, the license would still not work.

You do realize the Wildfire 4 Pre-production code is also about 6 years out-of-date!

Hi,

with Wildfire 4 Pre-production code you can use production Wildfire 3.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the reply. Problem is that we have Creo licenses on the same server as well and ProE Wildfire 4.0 setup was using Creo license to run (floating license). But when Creo license is not available to the user with WF 4.0, he receives a license error. Now he has data created in WF 4.0 which cannot be opened in WF 3.0

Hi,

if your company owns Creo licenses and Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 Pre-Production licenses and all these licenses are installed on the same HOST-ID then I suggest you to ask PTC license department to move Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 Pre-Production licenses to different HOST-ID and then reconfigure Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 installations.

MH

Martin Hanák

You don't have to do this. You can actually configure the license server to reserve or restrict licenses to a specific user or group. It's all in the documentation.

Hi,

if you split licenses between two servers then you will not have to struggle with FLEXnet license manager configuration and therefore you will save some time .

MH

Martin Hanák

Two server is easier to setup, not maintain. But, both are viable options.

Top Tags