cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to bind Pro-e to another licenseserver

ptc-2091205
1-Newbie

How to bind Pro-e to another licenseserver

Hello Forum. Althougt google is my best friend I cannot solve my little problem: I want to bind my Pro-e 2.0 to another licenceserver and I cold not find a "howto" Regards Thomas
5 REPLIES 5

Thomas Just run the ptcsetup.bat file located in your <pro install>\bin directory. You can also modify your existing or create a new .psf file (also located in your bin directory) with a text editor.

Nice I tried the way by modify the file, because the System ist still alive. And after I understand that I had to change __hostname__ to the realmachinename and the path to the ptc_d deamon I think a had to fix only one left problem: The ptc_d was installed on a solaris system. Where can I find the windows version of ptc_d for flexLM running on windows. Regards Thomas

Thomas, First run ptcset.bat in the Pro/E 'bin' folder.(Make sure Pro/E is not running on your system).Click on Next tab until you reach the license window.You will need to remove the existing license server & add the new one. You need to specify the new license server in the license window of PTCsetup. Before you specify the name of the server make sure that you have the FLEXLM license server installed on that system.You need to have the Pro/E cds/images with you to do it. Continue with the setup and finish for the system to configure the new license. Hope this helps.. Rameet

Hello Rameet, I tryed your way and I successfully add/excange an other license server. But the ptc_d.exe didn't seem to appear. After that I take the CD1 and run the installer... happyly I found the option "install licenseserver" - yipiaeh but it alwyas say anything (path/ptc/...) missing or incorrect Regards Thomas

ptc_d is a process that runs on the license server not the client!!
Top Tags