cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to change creo direct's config.pro file?

zhenqiang
4-Participant

How to change creo direct's config.pro file?

I use creo direct now,and want to change some environmental parameters,such as length unit,mass unit,I hope to use metric unit.

I have tried to edit the config.pro file in its work directory,but it does not work.

So where the config.pro file will be load when direct start up?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I guess that Creo Direct configuration differs from Creo Parametric configuration. I suggest you to go to help.ptc.com and search requested information in Help Center.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

As far as I know new Creo Direct (as opposed to Creo Elements/Direct, or CoCreate) setup works very similar to Creo Parametric's. You can even use the same config.pro and Direct will simply ignore all the options it doesn't recognize while enabling the rest.

I'd say you changed options in config.pro like pro_unit_length and pro_unit_mass, but your model units are driven by defined template which you left as an inch_pound model. I think you should change template options in config.pro and point them to proper metric models.

Also check if in the Direct shortcut's properties the "Start in" directory is set to your default working directory where you placed config.pro, other way Direct won't load it and will use default one from the installation directory.

zhenqiang
4-Participant
(To:LukaszMazur)

Thanks for your reply.Still I can't change the default units.But I can select other templates when creat new prt,just deselect the default template option.

Top Tags