cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to do a section in an axonometry wiew in drawing?

lnessi
1-Newbie

How to do a section in an axonometry wiew in drawing?

Hi

I have to do an axonometry wiew but with a section! And if is possible in shading with edge rappresentation as in the picture below!

Capture_ptc.JPG

I did this saving the jpeg file and putting it as object in drawing, is the only way to do it?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Luca,

you can use following procedure:

1.] add x-hatching default real number parameters into your model (Tools > Parameters)

default_xhatch_angle

default_xhatch_spacing

See details in http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/fundamentals/fund_four_sub/To_Set_the_Default_Spac…

These parameters drive x-hatching properties displayed on the drawing.

2.] create Zone (3D x-section) in your mode ... see myzone in my model (created in CR2 M070)

3.] in drawing view properties in Sections category set 3D cross-section myzone

You cannot modify x-hatching of 3D x-section in Drawing mode!!!

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Luca,

you can use following procedure:

1.] add x-hatching default real number parameters into your model (Tools > Parameters)

default_xhatch_angle

default_xhatch_spacing

See details in http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/fundamentals/fund_four_sub/To_Set_the_Default_Spac…

These parameters drive x-hatching properties displayed on the drawing.

2.] create Zone (3D x-section) in your mode ... see myzone in my model (created in CR2 M070)

3.] in drawing view properties in Sections category set 3D cross-section myzone

You cannot modify x-hatching of 3D x-section in Drawing mode!!!

MH

Martin Hanák

It works thanks!!

I have a little question more!

I have to do it in an assembly, is possible to exclude any components? an example screws, nuts exc...

Thanks!

Luca,

I tested below described procedure using assembly with 2 components.

In Assembly mode:

1.] I defined zone

2.] I defined layer and put unwanted component into it

3.] I hid the layer and saved layer status into layer state (Layer_State002_1Comp)

layer_state.png

4.] I defined combined state (Comb0001 referencing Layer_State002_1Comp)

comb.pngcomb3.png

In Drawing mode:

5.] I created view referencing combined state (Comb0001)

If you do not understand my procedure, please let me know. Tomorrow I can prepare example data for you.

MH

Martin Hanák

I understand the procedure, but maybe i made a mistake on the question formulation!!

The meaning was that i want to exclude some parts from the section hatch and continue to see these un-cutted!!

Some parts have to be sectioned an some no.

It's possible do this?

Sorry for the mistake; Thanks!!

Luca,

in Drawing mode doubleclick xhatch area.

xhatch.png

Following menu opens.

Use Pick, Next, Previous command to select requested component.

Use Exclude command to remove sectioning from selected component.

Use Restore command to restore sectioning of selected component

xhatch_menu.png

MH

Martin Hanák

In Assembly mode you can edit definition of x-section to remove sectioning from selected component.

xsection.png

If you create a drawing view using such x-section, Creo maintains component status defined in Assembly mode.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks!

My final objective is to do this!

ex2.JPG

An axonometry wiew with section and with some part not sectioned, in shading with edge rappresentation in drawing as in the picture.

Is possible?

Thanks

Yes it is possible.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags