cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to get Creo 2.0 install files?

AndersFjendbo
1-Newbie

How to get Creo 2.0 install files?

Hi

New here.

I'm currently imployed as IT supporter in a small company. We're doing some PC rotations/upgrades, and among them upgrading to Creo 2.

I have the licens files, but I do not have the installation files for Creo 2.

Any simple way to get them?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You get them from the support section of the PTC site.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

You must have a maintenance account to access this. If you haven't done this yet, or your company doesn't have this set up yet, you will need to do this 1st.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

You get them from the support section of the PTC site.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

You must have a maintenance account to access this. If you haven't done this yet, or your company doesn't have this set up yet, you will need to do this 1st.

I suggest you to contact your local VAR.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Since I wrote here, I have succesfully got the new server running with an updated license file

I thought it would be a piece of cake from now on but I've encountered a new problem . During the installation of Creo, the installation can't find the server, and I'm 100% sure, that the Host ID is correct.

Any advise for my situation? ..

Thanks

During installation you have to enter Path To Licence Server using the following notation ... 7788@nameoflicenseserver

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes I know, but it still says "unreachable" ..

Try to turn off Windows Firewall on license server.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Firewall did it .. Do You know if I can turn on the firewall after installation? ..

I've heard that Creo 2.0 M070 is just around the corner, so I think I'll wait to install until then. My coworker who is using Creo isn't here for the next couple of weeks. Also I read somewhere that M060 contained some bugs of some sort and older versions of Creo 2.0 was preferable.

Every Mxxx contains bugs , this is the only certainty.

Martin Hanák

I'm one of those that skipped M050 and M060 simply due to the fact that after M020, things went downhill. I am very much looking forward to M070... but it is late. Was scheduled for 8/7. I was hoping to have the weekend for the install.

I you need to have firewall on, you must:

1.] modify license file ... define fixed port number for ptc_d daemon ... see the following example how to modify one specific line existing in license file

DAEMON ptc_d PATH\PLATFORM\obj\ptc_d.exe PATH\licensing\ptc.opt port=7789

2.] restart license server

3.] define exceptions for firewall ... enable communication thru TCP ports 7788 and 7789

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I'm going back tomorrow to, hopefully, finish the Creo setup even though M070 isn't out yet.

Defining the exceptions in the Windows Firewall I think I can manage .

But the Daemon-stuff ? That line You've written, is it just (right-click -> open with -> Notepad/Notepad++)? And then add port=7789? .. And is it at the end of the line or on a new line? ..

Anders,

M070 is released, you can download it.

Add port=7789 at the end of DAEMON line (in Notepad/Notepad++).

Below I repeat the line with smaller text

DAEMON ptc_d PATH\PLATFORM\obj\ptc_d.exe PATH\licensing\ptc.opt port=7789

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Sounds easy enough

I just looked at this page and the M070 release wasn't mentioned:

http://www.ptc.com/cgi/support/apps/sft_upd_dsp/sft_upd_dsp.pl#ENG

But I can see it's available from my download page

Thanks for everything! This was hopefully my final questions. If not, I will return

More trouble

I made the firewall exceptions for TCP ports 7788 and 7789 and edited the license file. The Creo 2.0 installation proces detected the License Server as available and I finished the installation. But when I start Creo it comes up with a license error which says that the server is unavailable or offline .

When I edited the license.dat file, I had to make a copy to desktop, edit the file and insert back to the original folder (flexnet\licensing\license.dat). It wouldn't let me edit it directly in the folder.

And also I don't know how to restart the server software, so I used the Stop Server/Start Server function in the software. Or did You mean a restart of the actual Windows Server?

But now when I try to ReRead the license file it fails.

And just to make it 110% clear with the DAEMON line. Is it:

1. DAEMON ptc_d "C:\Program Files\flexnet\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe" "C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\ptc.opt"port=7789

2. DAEMON ptc_d "C:\Program Files\flexnet\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe" "C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\ptc.optport=7789"

or

3. DAEMON ptc_d "C:\Program Files\flexnet\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe" "C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\ptc.opt"

port=7789

The error message in the License Server software is:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.

The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,

the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the

port or hostname in the license file has been changed.

Server name: xx.xx.x.x

License path: 7788@xxxxxxxxxx;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,10. System Error: 10061 "WinSock: Connection refused"

And I get this message whether it's and unedited or edited license.dat file ..

Anders,

1.]

I guess that FLEXnet 10.8 is installed on your license server. To check this run PTC License Server Tools from Start menu and then Help > About

2.]

The name of service in Windows is FLEXlm server for PTC.

3.]

To check if FLEXlm server for PTC is running:

> look into Services dialog

> launch Task Manager and look for lmgrd.exe (2 times) and ptc_d.exe (1 times) processes

> launch C:\Program Files\flexnet\bin\ptcstatus.bat

> read the contents of file C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\ptclmgrd.log

4.]

Correct DAEMON line is:

DAEMON ptc_d "PATH\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe" "PATH\licensing\ptc.opt" port=7789

---

Do no forget to add space character before port keyword

5.]

If it is possible, please upload license.dat and ptclmgrd.log for me to check their contents.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I've just reinstalled the License Server to start on a fresh and now the server itself is not failing. Creo can still reach the server, but on startup it displays this message:

----

License request failed for feature

Requesting PROE_FoundationAdv ...

7788@xxxxxxxxx: (-96) License server machine is down or not responding.

----

This was done with the TCP 7788 exception on the firewall only. No editing of the license or exception of 7789.

1.]

Yes correct. To be exact it's Version v10.8.6.2 build 59284 x64_n6

2.]

Yes

3.]

2x lmgrd and 1x ptc_d. In the ptclmgrd.log it says that ptc_d is using TCP-port 54717.

This is what the entire lmgrd.log says:

12:17:49 (lmgrd) pid 12884

12:17:49 (lmgrd) Done rereading

12:17:49 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v10.8.6.2 build 59284 x64_n6) started on srv1204-01 (IBM PC) (8/22/2013)

12:17:49 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2008 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

12:17:49 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412.

12:17:49 (lmgrd) World Wide Web: http://www.macrovision.com

12:17:49 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\license.dat

12:17:49 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 7788

12:17:49 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ...

12:17:49 (lmgrd) Started ptc_d (pid 13496)

12:17:49 (ptc_d) FLEXnet Licensing version v10.8.6.2 build 59284 x64_n6

12:17:49 (ptc_d) Using options file: "C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\ptc.opt"

12:17:49 (ptc_d) Server started on srv1204-01 for: 127

12:17:49 (ptc_d) PROE_FoundationAdv

12:17:49 (ptc_d) EXTERNAL FILTERS are OFF

12:17:49 (ptc_d) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 7200 seconds

12:17:49 (ptc_d) Report log started (+C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\ptcreport.log).

12:17:49 (lmgrd) ptc_d using TCP-port 54717

12:17:53 (ptc_d) TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled

4.]

I will try again.

Earlier when You said that I should restart the License server after editing the license.bat file, how do You restart it? Do you use the Windows batch files in the bin-folder? First ptcshutdown and then ptcstartserver? Or do you just ReRead the license file from within the FLEXlm server software under the Start/Stop/ReRead tab?

Also is it a problem that I cannot edit the license.bat file directly in the licensing-folder? And have to make a copy to desktop to edit overwrite the original?

And the TCP 7789 exception is Inbound Rules, right? Or is it Outbound? ..

5.]

I will upload the files if the next try doesn't work. If You just can give me any answer to the above questions

Thanks alot for your help!

Anders,

OK, basic FLEXnet installations is fiinished. At this point FLEXnet is using port 7788 and 54717. So if you unlock these ports at Firewall, then Creo will start successfully. Try it.

For restart FLEXnet I use PTC License Server Tools from Start menu > PTC (I run it As Administrator). Then I go to Start/Stop/ReRead tab and click Stop, wait 3 seconds and click Start.

To modify license.dat I suggest:

> Stop FLEXnet (see above)

> modify C:\Program Files\flexnet\licensing\license.dat (you can copy it back and forth as necessary)

> Start FLEXnet (see above)

> check ptclmgrd.log if it says that ptc_d is using TCP-port 7789 for ptc_d

I define exceptions as Inbound and Outbound for sure. I guess Inbound is enough (perhaps).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes yes yes! .. Finally

I added TCP ports 7788 and 54717 in both inbound and outbound. But can/will the TCP port 54717 change if I fx restart the PC which is running the software? Or is it a fixed port? ..

Anders,

if you restart FLEXnet (without adding port parameter into DAEMON line) then FLEXnet chooses different port number for ptc_d process. So you have to add port parameter into DAEMON line to get fixed port number for ptc_d process !!!!!

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I have succesfully changed the port to 7789 and the ptclmgrd.log confirms. Everything seems to work

Thank You very, very much! ..

Nice to see positive message .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Or try to install Creo 2.0 on license server.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags