cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to save only specified component (without sub or related components)

MMK2
6-Contributor

How to save only specified component (without sub or related components)

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering whether there is a solution to save a component without related part. For example, I have an A asm and it has related B and C part like attached model tree.

I would like to save just A.asm even if B and C parts were changed. When I looked for a solution, I found "save_object" setting. However, it has just "changed_and_specified" option but I need to just "specified" option.

In the meantime, I would like to say why I need that. I would like to write a special save application via J-link, so I need to manage saving status by myself. 

If someone might find a config option or j-link method, it will be great for me.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:MMK2)

Hi,

it looks like you have to implement something like ...

• get current system time ... CURTIME
  • save assembly
  • delete component files newer than CURTIME

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

it looks like you have to implement something like ...

• get current system time ... CURTIME
  • save assembly
  • delete component files newer than CURTIME

Martin Hanák
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Also ... you can put B and C into special directory with ReadOnly access and set following config.pro options

override_store_back NO

!*** NO ... Creo stores objects in their original directories. If you do not have write permission to the original directory, the configuration option save_object_in_current takes effect.
save_object_in_current NO

!*** NO ... Creo does not save the object in the current directory.

Martin Hanák
MMK2
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your alternative solution. SavingTime is good recommendation for me. However, I was wondering whether there is s solution in Creo side or not.

Top Tags