cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to solve Creo files opening up very slowly.

rmueller-2
5-Regular Member

How to solve Creo files opening up very slowly.

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.0.0

Creo user is experiencing long delays opening up Creo files. Sometimes longer than 3-4 minutes. Mainly solid models. Sheetmetal models appear to be better.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rmueller-2)

I would remove config.pro/config.sup/customization files and retest to rule out a configuration issue. Extensive search paths can do this.

If using pdmlink, make a new workspace and test. 

If No file management, then isolate files in one folder and re-test. (possible issues are network related)

There are likely a bunch of other potential issues, but this is where I would start.

rmueller-2
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Thanks for the reply but this did not help.

This issue is a bit odd because the user has the same computer set up as other Creo users and it appears to be an isolated issue. 

Thanks again. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Are others having issues opening the same files that are slow on that one computer?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Just to be clear, a user may have created a config.pro file and creo_parametric_customization.ui file to set up personal mapkeys, settings, etc that are isolated to this computer. If those settings are not checked, you may missing the easy answer. Config.pro setting would be my first guess.

The other most likely suspect is corrupt cache (PDMLINK). Deleting the .wf folder would confirm this. WARNING - ANY MODIFIED FILES NOT UPLOADED OR CHECKED IN WILL BE LOST.

I know that some issues are caused by the user profile, not sure if this is one of those.

On that computer, open the file using an admin login.  The windows profile may be corrupted (if that's the correct terminology.

Top Tags