cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to tell what version of network license server is installed?

vfrauenfeld
4-Participant

How to tell what version of network license server is installed?

A little background (to the best of my knowledge): We purchased Creo last year and the IT department installed the license server and our client machines. We are also a SolidWorks house and could not install Creo 3.0 because it would not "talk" to our version of SolidWorks. So, at that time, we installed Creo 2.0.

Now we have upgraded SolidWorks and it will work with Creo 3.0 files, and we want to upgrade Creo on our client machines. However, I am not sure what version of the license manager was installed.

I am a CAD user and our IT staff that installed the Creo license server are no longer working here (only contract IT is available now).

I need to know how to tell what version of the license manager was installed.

Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:vfrauenfeld)

Locate the Flexera NetManager install folder and run FlexNet Admin Web Interface. Then select the Help icon and the header will display the version.

If you do not know where to find this, click your icon for Creo and select Properties, then Open File Location.

In that folder, open the parametric.psf in notepad and look for this line: ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=

The 7788@<computer_name> will be the computername that has the Flexera software on it.

The license admin utility should be in a PTC\Licensing folder.

Hi,

on license server machine, open Programs and Features list and look for FLEXnet Admin Version 11.10.1 (installed from Creo 2.0 installation media) or FLEXnet Admin Version 11.11.1 (installed from Creo 3.0 installation media). Creo 3.0 works with both of these version (and also with FLEXnet 10.8).

FLEXnet Admin license manager is installed in C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server directory by default. License file is located in ​licensing​ sub-directory.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags