cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to update CAD Source file in Project Template (CAD Document)?

Srivalli
7-Bedrock

How to update CAD Source file in Project Template (CAD Document)?

Requirement is to update CAD template of a Project.

Initially, these CAD template is created using a source CAD file (drawing) which includes a format file.
We have new format file and drawing file. Able to update them from A.1 to A.2?

But how will the CAD template created in Project using A.1 version be updated?
We don't have an option to choose source CAD file when checked-out? 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AndrewK 

I found the solution yesterday. We need to update project (Folders-> Update Project).

Format files are shared from Library to Project. When these are updated, the files in the project are out of sync.
(I was trying to create a new template in the Project or to update the existing template to point to the new format file, but this is not needed. When files got synched to Project, the old template picks up the new format already.) We don't need to update/create templates in the Project.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Srivalli)

Hi Srivalli,

Thank you for your question. 

I’d like to recommend bringing more details and context to your initial inquiry. It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Hi @AndrewK 

I found the solution yesterday. We need to update project (Folders-> Update Project).

Format files are shared from Library to Project. When these are updated, the files in the project are out of sync.
(I was trying to create a new template in the Project or to update the existing template to point to the new format file, but this is not needed. When files got synched to Project, the old template picks up the new format already.) We don't need to update/create templates in the Project.

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Srivalli)

Thanks for following up and sharing your solution with the community!

Top Tags