cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

I cant install the license in CREO 2.0!

ajoshi-2
1-Newbie

I cant install the license in CREO 2.0!

When i proceed to the install licensing page the place where we have to enter the license isn't usable(can't click it). I am using windows 8. So i downloaded the win8/8.1 version from PTC website. But still it doesnt help.

I have attached the screenshot of it..

HELP PLEASE!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, it is about student installation.

If you have got a license file (in text format), try drag and drop license in Source column under License summary. If it fail to work, submit a academin TS case at

Academic Case Logger

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Akshay,

If you have an existing license server ro license use License summary column, Under Source column in License summary Enter 7788@servername or drag and drop license file (if locked license) 

I had previously installed on Win7. Then I installed Win8 by formatting my PC. So no previous license is existing in my PC right now.

I thought Win8 supported different version of CREO 2.0 so i downloaded it from PTC website. But that didnt solve the problem either.

Akshay,

Before starting the installation process check the MAC Address of machine, get a new license file and later start the installation of Creo, when installing Creo you can use earlier information to define server.

If you find difficulty in installation, better ask for help from Technical support. TS engineer will help you with license server and Creo installation.

I Have done that already. I have registered my physical address and got a student license issued. The problem is that i cant "ENTER" that issued license number in the text field of the "Install License" dialog box.

And where will I get to talk with Technical support?

Ok, it is about student installation.

If you have got a license file (in text format), try drag and drop license in Source column under License summary. If it fail to work, submit a academin TS case at

Academic Case Logger

svillafuerte
6-Contributor
(To:ajoshi-2)

Also make sure when you run the setup.exe to RMB on the file and chose "Run as Administrator". Sometimes if you don't run it that way it not install correctly and I have seen it not allow me to drag and drop my license.txt file into the License Summary Source empty box. Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, I am running it as administrator only.

Akshay,

Did you manage to make Creo working? You can add your comments to post and mark "Correct answer" accordingly.

Cant enter license key still.. I will check the academic case logger as u said and reply back soon. Thank you !

Akshay,

Any update on this?

Top Tags