cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I changed my network card and now I can't move my licence

ptardy
2-Guest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Martin,

I managed to fix it myself. I found that I had 2 problems:

- The license file did have the SERVER and DAEMON lines, but were not customized for the PC I was working on.

- The FlexNet server was not running properly and giving error messages when I made queries about the license status.

After I fiddle with both issues, the license did end up working.

As for question 2, I'm running CREO 3.0 Parametric and it seems to work fine.

Thanks

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptardy)

Licenses are tied to the MAC address.  You will need to log on to PTC's license support website and request a license move from the old hardware to the new hardware.  It's pretty quick and completely automated.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You need to contact PTC to have your license file updated.  This is a process but it shouldn't require an active maintenance.

...yes, what Tom said

Already done, but when I want to setup the  licence, (with the TXT file I received from them, the status is Starting.... And nothing

Hi,

if you use lmadmin license manager installed in C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server directory then:

• find license.dat file (maybe in licensing subdirectory)
  • make copy of license.dat file
  • open license.dat file and TXT file with new license
  • in TXT file in SERVER line replace __HOSTNAME__ with your computer name (you can copy it from license.dat file)
  • in TXT file replace DAEMON line with DAEMON line from license.dat file
  • delete the whole contents of license.dat file
  • copy the whole contents of modified TXT file into license.dat file
  • save license.dat file
  • close TXT file without saving
  • start/stop lmadmin service

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ok!
There is not folder on (C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Serve) But into my Services.msc I have FLEXnet Licencing Service (started) (I checked on C:\Program Files (x86) and nothing)

Where can I find this Program ? ''Flexnet''

Hi Martin Hanak I change the (licence.dat) following your steps (mine, is licence.txt it'S normal ? ) and Finally I Installed the software, but I have this message when I open it

If I say Ok the software is closed

PTC Creo Parametric.png

Pierre,

we have to start from the very beginning ...

Question no.1: Does your license file (received from PTC) contain SERVER and DAEMON lines ?

Example related to my notebook:

SERVER hpmh PTC_HOSTID=1C-C1-DE-BA-30-44 7788

DAEMON ptc_d D:\PTC\flexnet\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe D:\PTC\flexnet\licensing\ptc.opt port=7789

Question no.2: Your picture contains information about PROE_FoundationAdv and Mechanism_Design (Version=32.0). This means that the license enables you to run PTC software up to Creo Parametric 1.0. What software version do you use ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I managed to fix it myself. I found that I had 2 problems:

- The license file did have the SERVER and DAEMON lines, but were not customized for the PC I was working on.

- The FlexNet server was not running properly and giving error messages when I made queries about the license status.

After I fiddle with both issues, the license did end up working.

As for question 2, I'm running CREO 3.0 Parametric and it seems to work fine.

Thanks

Congratulations !

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

You may mark appropriate replay in post as correct answer.

Top Tags