cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

I downloaded Creo3 for our school. I ran the setup program on my license server (windows 2012 server). The license file was accepted (available) but the rest of the license server setup did not seem to occur? How can I tell if it is running? When I instal

rkirbyshire
1-Newbie

I downloaded Creo3 for our school. I ran the setup program on my license server (windows 2012 server). The license file was accepted (available) but the rest of the license server setup did not seem to occur? How can I tell if it is running? When I instal

I downloaded Creo3 for our school. I ran the setup program on my license server (windows 2012 server). The license file was accepted (available) but the rest of the license server setup did not seem to occur? How can I tell if it is running? When I installed the client software it could not reach my license as I don't think it is running. Can you help please?

7 REPLIES 7

Start Task Manager on the license server and look in the Services tab to see if the license server is running.

What step of installation of the license server completed successfully?

Ross,

• default installation directory of license manager is C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server
  • license manager UI is accessible via Start > Programs > PTC > Licensing > FLEXnet Admin Web Interface
  • license manager default username/password is admin
  • license manager has assigned system service lmadmin_ptc
  • license manager has assigned two running processes - lmadmin.exe, ptc_d.exe

You can check the above to verify license manager installation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Communication between client and server can be blocked by Windows Firewall.

• TEST: turn off Windows Firewall on server temporarily and try to run Creo from client machine
  • turn on Windows Firewall, define Inbound rule which enable communication for lmadmin.exe, ptc_d.exe executebles

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Marting thanks for the help,

• TEST: turn off Windows Firewall on server temporarily and try to run Creo from client machine

Did this

• turn on Windows Firewall, define Inbound rule which enable communication for lmadmin.exe, ptc_d.exe executebles

Did this

• default installation directory of license manager is C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server

Yes exists

• license manager UI is accessible via Start > Programs > PTC > Licensing > FLEXnet Admin Web Interface

Used this - but would not save as we are behind a NSW govt firewall for NSW schools.

• license manager default username/password is admin

used this

• license manager has assigned system service lmadmin_ptc

running as a service

• license manager has assigned two running processes - lmadmin.exe, ptc_d.exe

OK

Even when I try to install a client copy of creo3 on the server it can not access the 7788 port. See below.

Thanks for the help.

ross

creo3 install.png

Ross,

I do not understand the role of NSW govt firewall for NSW schools in your environment. Maybe you can consult the situation with its administrator...

I do not have any other tip how to solve your problem, because I am not sitting at your server .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ross,

As you have already added two exceptions in firewall, add port 7788 as well in Windows firewall on server.

Still if it fails, check the communication from client and server using telnet via port 7788 (command is telnet server_name port e.g. telnet server 7788). If this fails, you may need to check other firewall or Spyware application and clear port 7788.

Top Tags