cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

mschuler
1-Newbie

I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

Hello together,

today when I'll start ptc creo elements I get following error:

Is a server from ptc down so that I don't get a new license??

What can I do to solve this issue, I need access to ptc creo elements very urgent.

Thanks vor help

57 REPLIES 57
mkao
5-Regular Member
(To:Tmetcalf)

Hello Toby,

thanks for your action. The problem has not yet been resolved but there has been a change which makes that I can get temporary access.

I still get the error windows (so the program can not contact the license server) but now I can use the request activation key button to get a 72 hour license. Before I had a 404 error "page not found".

Best regards,

Ming-Hua

ArjanLenoir
4-Participant

Hello Toby,

I am pretty sure that the server is out again since a day or 2. I get the proxy error consistently and the manual activation does not work!  I tried several networks with internet connection and a reinstalation, but that does not change anything. Is there anybody at PTC aware of this?

Regards,

Arjan

And it works again since this morning (April 14th 2018). Thank you!

It seems that the issue remains unnoticed by PTC. Luckily the manual activation still works, but I am still worried that one day they pull the plug...

Which whould be a real pity since I love to use this application when designing 3D printable parts purely as a hobby. It is so user friendly and powerfull! I would love to pay a few bucks for a supported version and ensure I will have access to all my design forever!

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:ArjanLenoir)

Almost one month is passed; license check is still asking for the 72 hours manual activation key and no information of any kind by PTC.

Could the community manager kindly inform users, please?

Thank you

Marco

ptc-4358396
6-Contributor
(To:mcielok)

It looks as though whoever was maintaining the Express licence server has either totally lost interest or has taken ill. Even the board admin has been unable to get a response from him/her.

How can we get PTC to consider freezing express at the current version 6.0 and letting us all use it without internet tie forever more?

They have definitely zero interest in the Express product.

Bill

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4358396)

I support you point of view, Bill.

I professionally entered 3D Cad world through Modeling Express which is also a wonderful training tool and domestic gadget that allowed me both to instruct colleagues and design custom pieces of furniture for my home.

But it has limited features and, as to professional use, we bought licenses for Modeling 19.0; so, while it is preparatory for professional CAD, it cannot be a competitor for them.

Why not to release it for free use and release users too from anxieties?

An answer from PTC is always a hope.

Marco

Good day everyone,

I have been told this has been verified and you should be able to get activation.

Thank you for your patience, please let me know if you are still having the issue.

Best,

Toby

Hi Toby

Many thanks for your efforts, all seems to be working properly for me know.

TIm

You are welcome Tim.

Reporting and following up is no problem - thank you to everyone who posted to let us know.

Best,

Toby

Hello Toby,

thanks a lot for your help and solving the problem.

Now Elements starts normal without asking for proxy or something else.

Best regards,

Michael

Hello Toby,

I works perfect. Thanks for your help.

mkao
5-Regular Member

Hello Toby,

now all is working again. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Ming-Hua

Thanks for the thanks everyone - it is very much appreciated.

Please keep issues and concerns (and thanks) coming.

In this case, I was able to bring the issue to the right people who could fix the issue.

Best,

Toby

HI, I am glad that i found this Topic!

Got the same problem since 6 hours and couldn' t do anything...

Hope it get fixed real quick, because i have a important project running. And just 2 weeks remaining for my degree dissertation in university.

Any tricks to start working again?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kurz_shorty)

Also, please call PTC tech support. The community can only give advice.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

Hi, I have sent this in for internal PTC review, but contacting Technical Support directly is recommended.

Please reply back to this thread when your issue is resolved.  Thank You!

after a crash of my system the application wont restart on reboot. It prompts me for one time activation which fails every time.

Then it prompts me for manual activation for which i request an activation key.

I get a page error as below:

An error has occurred

Please save the source of this page (File:Save As...) and email to webmaster@ptc.com

Thank you for your help in resolving this matter.

PTC Webmasters

Please help. My software was working fine until last week.

mkao
5-Regular Member
(To:DavidG2)

Has anybody had a reaction from PTC? If they intend to drop the product then I do hope they will at least let us export it in a format that other cad programs can import like step.

mspeakman
8-Gravel
(To:mkao)

I have not heard anything since I raised this thread.

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:mspeakman)

Facts say that in PTC they don't think they have any convenience in supporting Modeling Express.

At least I thought they would care for their image and thus for respect of users and their opinion, but I guess it is irrelevant too for their fortunes.

Marco

mkao
5-Regular Member
(To:mschuler)

Hello,

currently it looks like the license is out again. Anybody else have this issue? I'm getting the proxy error and no license errors again.

Best regards,

Ming-Hua

ArjanLenoir
4-Participant

Same here, but luckily this time it is still possible to download a key manually and continue to work on your designs

mkao
5-Regular Member
(To:ArjanLenoir)

Yes, I just downloaded the license manually. Thanks.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

FYI, I did flag this internally to PTC.  I am glad there is a "manual" process.  Please reply back to this thread if the issue is resolved.  Thank You!

I'm having the same issues as some of my colleague 3D-modelers reported earlier. My problems also have started late May/early June. I'm manually requesting an activiation key each time I start up Creo Elements as a work-around and that is working well until now.

Any idea when the original issue will be resolved?

Kind reagrds

Fred

ptc-4358396
6-Contributor
(To:fhornung)

No matter how many times I request a manual key I am met with the response that the key provided is not valid. I have looked for alternatives but none offers the breadth and depth of ability I find in elements/modelling express. I really would like to continue using PTC software but running a not-for-profit school does not give me the freedom to spend thousands of dollars on the commercial product.

I understand neither why a robust solution was not put in place when these problems started last year, nor why PTC do not offer a low priced alternate that would allow use while internet connection is not available due to problems at their end - a simple check of the server response not being 200 or 301 or 302 and a  switch which turns off the connection requirement just for the current session would be a fairly simple change to the authentication code.

Please PTC do something - even if it's just a post to tell us you have no wish to retain the current express following.

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4358396)

Manual activation is anyway a palliative solution for a philosophy of use that PTC apparently wants to maintain.

In our case, Modeling Express is used by many colleagues as a training tool for the fewer licensed Modeling available; manual activation is a cumbersome procedure, even more so for a high number of users.

Since PTC does not tell us anything about the nature of the issue, we do not even know what we are talking about; could be somehow involved some adjustments for the new european GDPR? I was asked for privacy related consent at my today's acces to the community.

I think I will know it in 72 hours Smiley Frustrated

Marco

Top Tags