cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

Re: I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

Hi, I have sent this in for internal PTC review, but contacting Technical Support directly is recommended.

Please reply back to this thread when your issue is resolved.  Thank You!

Highlighted

Re: I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

Hello Toby,

I am pretty sure that the server is out again since a day or 2. I get the proxy error consistently and the manual activation does not work!  I tried several networks with internet connection and a reinstalation, but that does not change anything. Is there anybody at PTC aware of this?

Regards,

Arjan

And it works again since this morning (April 14th 2018). Thank you!

Hello,

currently it looks like the license is out again. Anybody else have this issue? I'm getting the proxy error and no license errors again.

Best regards,

Ming-Hua

Same here, but luckily this time it is still possible to download a key manually and continue to work on your designs

Yes, I just downloaded the license manually. Thanks.

FYI, I did flag this internally to PTC.  I am glad there is a "manual" process.  Please reply back to this thread if the issue is resolved.  Thank You!

I'm having the same issues as some of my colleague 3D-modelers reported earlier. My problems also have started late May/early June. I'm manually requesting an activiation key each time I start up Creo Elements as a work-around and that is working well until now.

Any idea when the original issue will be resolved?

Kind reagrds

Fred

No matter how many times I request a manual key I am met with the response that the key provided is not valid. I have looked for alternatives but none offers the breadth and depth of ability I find in elements/modelling express. I really would like to continue using PTC software but running a not-for-profit school does not give me the freedom to spend thousands of dollars on the commercial product.

I understand neither why a robust solution was not put in place when these problems started last year, nor why PTC do not offer a low priced alternate that would allow use while internet connection is not available due to problems at their end - a simple check of the server response not being 200 or 301 or 302 and a  switch which turns off the connection requirement just for the current session would be a fairly simple change to the authentication code.

Please PTC do something - even if it's just a post to tell us you have no wish to retain the current express following.

Manual activation is anyway a palliative solution for a philosophy of use that PTC apparently wants to maintain.

In our case, Modeling Express is used by many colleagues as a training tool for the fewer licensed Modeling available; manual activation is a cumbersome procedure, even more so for a high number of users.

Since PTC does not tell us anything about the nature of the issue, we do not even know what we are talking about; could be somehow involved some adjustments for the new european GDPR? I was asked for privacy related consent at my today's acces to the community.

I think I will know it in 72 hours Smiley Frustrated

Marco

Announcements