cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

Re: I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

It seems that the issue remains unnoticed by PTC. Luckily the manual activation still works, but I am still worried that one day they pull the plug...

Which whould be a real pity since I love to use this application when designing 3D printable parts purely as a hobby. It is so user friendly and powerfull! I would love to pay a few bucks for a supported version and ensure I will have access to all my design forever!

Highlighted

Re: I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

Almost one month is passed; license check is still asking for the 72 hours manual activation key and no information of any kind by PTC.

Could the community manager kindly inform users, please?

Thank you

Marco

It looks as though whoever was maintaining the Express licence server has either totally lost interest or has taken ill. Even the board admin has been unable to get a response from him/her.

How can we get PTC to consider freezing express at the current version 6.0 and letting us all use it without internet tie forever more?

They have definitely zero interest in the Express product.

Bill

I support you point of view, Bill.

I professionally entered 3D Cad world through Modeling Express which is also a wonderful training tool and domestic gadget that allowed me both to instruct colleagues and design custom pieces of furniture for my home.

But it has limited features and, as to professional use, we bought licenses for Modeling 19.0; so, while it is preparatory for professional CAD, it cannot be a competitor for them.

Why not to release it for free use and release users too from anxieties?

An answer from PTC is always a hope.

Marco

after a crash of my system the application wont restart on reboot. It prompts me for one time activation which fails every time.

Then it prompts me for manual activation for which i request an activation key.

I get a page error as below:

An error has occurred

Please save the source of this page (File:Save As...) and email to webmaster@ptc.com

Thank you for your help in resolving this matter.

PTC Webmasters

Please help. My software was working fine until last week.

Has anybody had a reaction from PTC? If they intend to drop the product then I do hope they will at least let us export it in a format that other cad programs can import like step.

I have not heard anything since I raised this thread.

Facts say that in PTC they don't think they have any convenience in supporting Modeling Express.

At least I thought they would care for their image and thus for respect of users and their opinion, but I guess it is irrelevant too for their fortunes.

Marco

Announcements