cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I need and overview of the print configurations

banderson-2
1-Newbie

I need and overview of the print configurations

Ok, so I've been trying to figure out how to set up the printing options to suit our needs. We print almost everying on 8-1/2x11" paper (a size). Very rarely we will brint a B size, and usually it's by mistake. Our print templates are set up so that we need to scale to .95 to not cut off anything when using the full plot option. (I know we should fix the templates, but that's for another day). How can I get it set up so that when I hit CTRL+P the print options are autmatically filled to print all, on a size sheet, stroke all fonts, with scale at .95?

The problem I am having is that I've tried the save button and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm thinking it has to do with each different sheet size or template, but I'm not sure. I know that there are config options for the quick print location file, but that doesn't seem to be working the way I expect either.

If anyone has some tutorial on getting the printing to work, or had time to explain the settings that would be awesome.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brandon,

I created a couple of print configuration , maybe I can help you.

Use the following procedure:

1. Create a directory for saving printer configuration, eg. C:\PTC\printer_configurations
  2. Put the following option into config.pro file ... PRO_PLOT_CONFIG_DIR C:\PTC\printer_configurations
  3. Launch Creo and open a drawing.
  4. Set print configuration and save it into C:\PTC\printer_configurations directory. Creo writes file with pcf extension.
  5. Rename saved pcf file. The filename must inform you what is inside.
  6. Edit the pcf file. Modify values of two options ... button_name, button_help
  7. Restart Creo and open a drawing.
  8. In Printer Configuration window click button behind Printer field. Creo shows you the list of existing printer configurations.
  9. Select your configuration and check settings ... surprise, surprise! ... everything is set!

Best regards

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

This is the very reason we pay so much for maintenance. You should be able to submit this as a support case and they will stay on the phone until it is solved.

However, I appreciate your question and other members will certainly learn from it.

I did finally learn one reason why the Export version of the PDF prints fails: if you have a previous file of the same name highlighted (not opened, mind you; just -selected-) in your Windows file manager, Creo cannot overwrite it and aborts the plot process.

I agree that tech support should be able to handle this. It's just a pain to talk to someone who mumbles with a thick accent over the phone. He may be able to change a setting, but rarely can actually explain why he is doing what he is doing, at least that is my experience.

Really it's the help files that should be able to show you how to set this,

OR

make the system not so cryptic so that when I click "save as default" it just saves it, just like every other windows program in existence (hint hint PTC)

You'd think, huh

Brandon,

I created a couple of print configuration , maybe I can help you.

Use the following procedure:

1. Create a directory for saving printer configuration, eg. C:\PTC\printer_configurations
  2. Put the following option into config.pro file ... PRO_PLOT_CONFIG_DIR C:\PTC\printer_configurations
  3. Launch Creo and open a drawing.
  4. Set print configuration and save it into C:\PTC\printer_configurations directory. Creo writes file with pcf extension.
  5. Rename saved pcf file. The filename must inform you what is inside.
  6. Edit the pcf file. Modify values of two options ... button_name, button_help
  7. Restart Creo and open a drawing.
  8. In Printer Configuration window click button behind Printer field. Creo shows you the list of existing printer configurations.
  9. Select your configuration and check settings ... surprise, surprise! ... everything is set!

Best regards

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Awesome, that get's me the saved configurations. Now is there a way to get it to default to one that I have created? (I could use a mapkey at this point, but I would like to stick with ctrl+p if I can.)

Brandon,

I think you have to add the following option into config.pro file:

plotter value_of_button_name

value_of_button_name is name you have entered as value in button_name option in your pcf file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I don't see that one in there.

I found a list of ALL of the config.pro options (see link below) and I couldn't find it in there either.

http://www.proesite.com/UTIL/creo2_allopt.htm

I did try this one and it seems to work for the quick print option. I have been fooled before thinking that it works, and then later it doesn't.

quick_print.jpg

Brandon,

you have to select plotter option (1-st one on your picture) and type a value manually (or copy it from pcf file). Creo does not offer you the value automatically.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Now that makes sense! It works! Your awesome.

Top Tags