cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

IFX tool no longer working as it can't find a "model"

KW_10115092
2-Guest

IFX tool no longer working as it can't find a "model"

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.0.0

Hi, So I went through and changed some of the screw/bolt names within the family table, though I made sure not to change the name of the generics or the heads of each sub family table. I've done this in the past and it worked fine. It also still recognizes all the new names and pulls in the correct bolts with the correct names upon startup. I am also able to open up the top level generic part and all lower level generic parts, as well as the renamed parts just fine.

My issue is now that when I go to use the intelligent fastener tool it tells me that a model cannot be found. The way it names the model is very odd too, it seems the model has the same name as a file path, and the file path it gives never held the part in it anyway (the csff.prt file is not located in the "ifx_fastener_data" folder, it is located in the prolibrary folder, and I made sure of that on a differerent machine that had not yet updated their ifx prolibrary). I'm not sure how to move forward or find a weirdly named model that doesn't seem to exist anywhere. any help would be much appreciated.

Best,

Here are the errors that I faced
Model 'C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.0.0\Common Files\ifx\parts\ifx_fastener_data\csff.PRT' not found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

please make sure to have the correct search_path set to your pro_library.

The index should be up to date too in this folder if you change your generic fastener.

Do you use the default 'ifx_fastener_data\csff.dat' file or have you changed it?

Please do the following:

Go to the file-open dialog and enter this name: CSFF20<CSFF>.prt

Can the file be found?

Not try it with your new name - Z01-D-0001<CSFF>.prt

Can this file be found?

If you change the name inside your family table, you also have to update the names inside the *.dat file.

Note:

Your error indicates, that no existing fastener can be found.

In this case IFX try to create a new file on the fly by using the template with the same name as the *.dat file.

In your case this is the csff.prt file - and this one does not exist.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KW_10115092_0-1687887737023.png

Here you can see that I did not rename the lower level generic files, but am still able to open all of them.

Hi,

please make sure to have the correct search_path set to your pro_library.

The index should be up to date too in this folder if you change your generic fastener.

Do you use the default 'ifx_fastener_data\csff.dat' file or have you changed it?

Please do the following:

Go to the file-open dialog and enter this name: CSFF20<CSFF>.prt

Can the file be found?

Not try it with your new name - Z01-D-0001<CSFF>.prt

Can this file be found?

If you change the name inside your family table, you also have to update the names inside the *.dat file.

Note:

Your error indicates, that no existing fastener can be found.

In this case IFX try to create a new file on the fly by using the template with the same name as the *.dat file.

In your case this is the csff.prt file - and this one does not exist.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thank you Oliver! It was the fact that the names inside of the .dat file weren't changed to match the family table. After correcting that it works just fine! 

Top Tags