cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Import Data Doctor - icon greyed out?

pausob
18-Opal

Import Data Doctor - icon greyed out?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you came across a situation where the import data doctor functionality was suddenly lost.

I am used to accessing the import data doctor application when editing the definition an imported geometry feature.  Now I can't do it because the "1st-aid kit" icon is grayed out.

I checked the license list, and the one for Import_Data_Doctor is there, so I'm not sure what's going on...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:pausob)

Seems to be license related only. Still create a step file from Creo, import that and check if IDD is still inactive.

Check IDD license available in  session under File > Help > System information > Configured Optional modules. 

Also, check when editing the import feature, dynamic preview is "No Preview" or "Un-attached". If it is No Preview, IDD will be inactive as in attached image. 

Also check, value of config option dynamic_preview.

IDD.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:pausob)

Seems to be license related only. Still create a step file from Creo, import that and check if IDD is still inactive.

Check IDD license available in  session under File > Help > System information > Configured Optional modules. 

Also, check when editing the import feature, dynamic preview is "No Preview" or "Un-attached". If it is No Preview, IDD will be inactive as in attached image. 

Also check, value of config option dynamic_preview.

IDD.jpg

That's the one, I recently changed dynamic_preview to NO in order to deal with some geometry-intensive models.

Top Tags