cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Improve RDP performance

ptc-901936
4-Participant

Improve RDP performance

Good morning to all.

I am looking for a way (if exist) to improve the use of creo via RDP (the one integrated into Microsoft).

We have da company in Italy and a lot of workers are trying to work from home on 3/4 different configuration of creo (from Creo 4 to Creo 6).

When we rotate a piece we have a peak use of 35 Mbps.

We have tried to insert the config "graphics win32_gdi" that reduce of 50% the use of data, but it inserts other problem.

There is some know configuration that can improve the experience?

6 REPLIES 6

@ptc-901936 wrote:

Good morning to all.

I am looking for a way (if exist) to improve the use of creo via RDP (the one integrated into Microsoft).

We have da company in Italy and a lot of workers are trying to work from home on 3/4 different configuration of creo (from Creo 4 to Creo 6).

When we rotate a piece we have a peak use of 35 Mbps.

We have tried to insert the config "graphics win32_gdi" that reduce of 50% the use of data, but it inserts other problem.

There is some know configuration that can improve the experience?

Hi,

I do not think it is possible to "improve the use of creo via RDP". Install Creo locally on home computers and access license server via VPN. You can also borrow licenses...

Martin Hanák

We use it via RDP because we need to access applications connected via fiber point to point link to our work network of some of our clients.

We will try to add this 3 config

enable_opengl_fbo no

enable_opengl_vbo no

enable_opengl_shader no

@ptc-901936

I don't see any specific points to share to improve performance of Creo on RDP, but instead of config graphics wini32_gdi, ,try using listed config option. Possibly this will help....

enable_opengl_fbo no

enable_opengl_vbo no

enable_opengl_shader no

I have made the change but the quantity of data sent is augmented.

In attach you can see the data in the rotation phase

@ptc-901936

While reading some documents somewhere found an article about RDP and about that there were some enhancement in Windows 10. Id client and parent machine both are Windows 10, Graphics on parent machine can work well. 

use_software_opengl yes

we see some improvement in performance in RDP.

It is dangerous way? What do you think?

Top Tags