cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

In the CreoView Adapter on the CADWorker, where is the control for having it publish WITHOUT showing datums (planes, axes, coord systems)?

SavageFrog
6-Contributor

In the CreoView Adapter on the CADWorker, where is the control for having it publish WITHOUT showing datums (planes, axes, coord systems)?

I'm using Windchill 10.1.  My CADWorker is a virtual machine Windows box.  We just upgraded to Creo 3.0 from 2.0 and I kinda lost recipe files and whatnot in the upgrade, but I've gotten the thing to work (thank you Shamsher!).  Only, now when it publishes, all the bloody datums are visible.  Every drawing kinda looks like a chia pet!  Where do you turn those things off?  I put in a config.pro on the box so that display_axes, etc, would be turned off when it starts up.  I also went through the recipe file and turned off the 'tessellated datums' choice, but every drawing still comes out with axes, planes, and c-sys's.

li'l help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SavageFrog
6-Contributor
(To:SavageFrog)

turns out, this IS controlled by the config.pro.  By default, planes, c-sys's, points, and axes are all ON.  And it'll publish that way unless you tell it (via config.pro) to turn those things off.  The catch is that a Publisher starts Creo from a batch file in the ...\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup directory (proepublish.bat).  At least ours does.  And it thinks that directory is its Working Directory, so it does NOT read any config.pros you set up in the usual places were it started normally (via an icon or a Start menu choice).  So I hadda copy my config.pro and put it in that buried ...\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup directory, and then viola!  (And violins, and cellos, and the whole string section!)   It worked!

[I was the originator of this question so I put in a HelpDesk with PTC when no quick answers were forthcoming from here.  Thank you Bridget Reagan!  We can finally publish stuff properly!  Woohoo!]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SavageFrog
6-Contributor
(To:SavageFrog)

turns out, this IS controlled by the config.pro.  By default, planes, c-sys's, points, and axes are all ON.  And it'll publish that way unless you tell it (via config.pro) to turn those things off.  The catch is that a Publisher starts Creo from a batch file in the ...\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup directory (proepublish.bat).  At least ours does.  And it thinks that directory is its Working Directory, so it does NOT read any config.pros you set up in the usual places were it started normally (via an icon or a Start menu choice).  So I hadda copy my config.pro and put it in that buried ...\creo_view_adapters\proe_setup directory, and then viola!  (And violins, and cellos, and the whole string section!)   It worked!

[I was the originator of this question so I put in a HelpDesk with PTC when no quick answers were forthcoming from here.  Thank you Bridget Reagan!  We can finally publish stuff properly!  Woohoo!]

What is the name of this config option?

Config options for display axis, point, csys and plane are:

display_axes

display_planes

display_coord_sys

display_points

Top Tags