cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Install

ptc-5222835
1-Newbie

Install

Firstly, sorry for my english and I don't know if I'm posting in the right place.

I'm working in a FSAE team and we'll be having a training about PTC Creo. So, I've a valid serial and the installation package.

But I just can't install the program.

In the setup (not setup-trial) I can't put my serial in the field "Simple License Entry". And I tried to insert my .txt file with my serial in the field "License Summary", but don't work (the file is not valid).

So I tried to install with setup-trial and when I put my account the installation simply freeze.

What can I do?

Sem+t%C3%ADtulo.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Did you use the licene file that was attached to an email or did you create your own license file?

I have always drag-and-dropped the provided license file into the Source filed in the dialog you show.

The finename should be something like LM_nnnnnnnn.txt. Mine have always been attached to emails.

We've the serials in a .txt file. I just copied mine and put in other .txt file.

Every computer has a unique file. They cannot be copied from one to another. The license file is coded to the computer's MAC address. You can go to the PTC website and go through the process of requesting the new license file for the new computer. PTC is very serious about making sure you agree that you do not duplicate licenses on multiple machines.

I might recommend you create a support case and have them walk you through the process. They will help determine the best way to configure your license. The customer service technicians are much more knowledgeable about your license options and how to set them up.

"Every computer has a unique file."

The guy with the serials have just a .txt file with 20 different serials. Then I just copied mine.

But I just can't put my serial in the field.

And I can't go to technical support, because say I have to upgrade my account. And I just have my serial number, nothing more.

I understand. Who manages your PTC accounts? They can add you to the access list with PTC so you can log support cases. It is well worth the time to do this so your organization can better get answers to troubles and questions.

This is the information I received from PTC when I requested a license file before. This is what states you can only have on serial number in the license file. I do not know enough to give better advice.

LICENSE INFORMATION

----------------------------------------------------------

Below you will find the codes required to use the license above.

* IF YOU RECEIVED THIS LICENSE PACK ELECTRONICALLY:

Please note that this License Pack MAY contain license

files for multiple CPU IDs. Each distinct license file is

preceded by the following IMPORTANT note:

SAVE EACH HOST'S LICENSE FILE AS A SEPARATE TEXT FILE

AND IMPORT INTO Pro/SETUP. DO NOT IMPORT A SINGLE FILE

CONTAINING MULTIPLE LICENSE FILES INTO Pro/SETUP.

If this is the case, save each host's license file as a

separate text file. Import ONLY the license file specific

to each machine into Pro/SETUP. DO NOT import a single file

containing multiple license files into Pro/SETUP.

* IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ON-LINE VERSION OF THIS LICENSE PACK:

Refer to the instructions above for obtaining this information

electronically. If you are unable to obtain an electronic

version of your License Pack, enter the information below

in Pro/SETUP. Note: lines beginning with '#' do not need

to be entered into Pro/SETUP.

* IMPORTANT NOTES FOR LICENSE SERVER INSTALLATION:

If you import this license file into Pro/SETUP, the

strings _HOSTNAME_ and _PTCD_PATH_ in the SERVER and

and DAEMON lines will automatically be replaced with the hostname

of the license server and the path to the ptc_d executable

located in the FLEXLM directory, respectively. Example:

# SERVER spock PTC_HOSTID =11-22-33-44-55-66 7788

# DAEMON ptc_d /opt/ptc/flexlm/hp8k/obj/ptc_d

If you are not importing this file, replace these strings with

the appropriate information. Please note the double underscores

preceding and following the variables HOSTNAME and PTCD_PATH

should be replaced as well.

For triad installations, the _HOSTNAME_ field for all

3 SERVER lines must be replaced with the appropriate hostnames.

For servers running on Windows 95, the host name must be the

fully qualified domain name.

********************IMPORTANT*********************

SAVE EACH HOST'S LICENSE FILE AS A SEPARATE TEXT FILE AND IMPORT INTO Pro/SETUP. DO NOT IMPORT A SINGLE FILE CONTAINING MULTIPLE LICENSE FILES INTO Pro/SETUP.

********************IMPORTANT*********************

Thanks Antonius for the support!
My problem is solved!

I just go here: www.ptc.com/go/singlelicense4creo2 and put my serial and Host ID.

If anyone want more information go to this topic: http://communities.ptc.com/thread/33404 and read Timothy post.

Happy that you got this resolved. Have a great day!

Top Tags