cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is a new license file required for Creo 4.0 if I am currently running Creo 3.0?

bchapman
10-Marble

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bill,

Yes, You may need new license for Creo 4.0 if existing is not compatible with Creo 4.0.

Open the existing license in text editor and check the release under summary table.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Bill,

Yes, You may need new license for Creo 4.0 if existing is not compatible with Creo 4.0.

Open the existing license in text editor and check the release under summary table.

If you have a perpetual license, I would highly recommend that every time PTC releases a new version of Creo, that you request a new license file.  Whether or not you implement it.  The perpetual license says you have the right to use the software at the version when you paid maintenance.  If you are paid through now, that gives you Creo 4.  Once you stop with maintenance, you probably wont get a new license file - so if you only had a Creo 3 or older license file - you'd be hosed.  If you're in the habit of requesting a new file every time a new build comes out, you wont have this issue.  If you are on subscription, it is kind of a moot point, because you'll either be on maintenance, or your software wont work.

Thanks for the info!

ADAMBESAW
4-Participant
(To:bchapman)

How do I install the latest FLEX license manager?  I installed Creo 4 but there wasn't an option to install the license server.  I'm running Creo 3 today.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ADAMBESAW)

There should be an option in PTCsetup for installing the license server.

Creo 4 does not require a new FlexNet server install, only a Creo 4 license needs to be installed on the existing server.

Adam,

"Setup License" under installation assistant is for license manager installer.

ADAMBESAW
4-Participant
(To:bchapman)

There's nothing to select.  I'm running FLEX license sever from WF5.  I'll trying loading the Creo 4 license file and see what happens.

Capture.JPG

Adam,

Setup is reading the information from existing server. For Creo 4.0 you need to uninstall the license manager and install newer version from Creo 4.0 disk.

Once you will execute Creo 4.0 setup from Disk, you will find the option for Setup License. It will not be available if you will reconfigure.

Mahesh,

In that case can we run the existing Creo 2.0 and still configure new license for Creo 4.0 without affecting 2.0?

Regards,

Manjunath

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:manjunathrv)

Yes, A Creo 4 license file will allow you to run any older version of Creo/Wildfire.

Creo license is downward compatible.

Having Creo 4.0 compatible license on server allow users to work with earlier versions.

Yes, there is a possibility of error -5 No such feature exists ......

This message reports that license name in earlier license was something which is no longer available and this needs reconfiguration of application. 

ADAMBESAW
4-Participant
(To:ADAMBESAW)

I had to uninstall the old FLEX sever and everything worked.  Thanks everyone!

Hi,

I've just successfully installed Creo 4.0 but I haven't received a 4.0 product code. I've tried the only product code I've found, that was in a pdf entitled "PTC Creo 3.0 – University Student Standard – Quick Installation Guide", but this is for Creo 3.0, and obviously, it didn't work.

A few minutes ago I've received an e-mail from - saying "Thank you for your interest in the PTC Creo 2.0 Student Edition. Attached is a backup copy of the license file that was downloaded during the initial installation of Creo 2.0", and curiously, the file attached is for Creo 3.0.

So, where can I get a compatible License File or Product Code for Creo 4.0 M010, which I've just downloaded and installed?

Hallo, I have the same Problem like "vricciardi".

Want install Creo 4.0, got a licence of Creo 3.0, got an E-Mail with licence of Creo 2.0 which is really a licence of Creo 3.0.. Wtf?!?

And if i install Creo 4.0, there is an licence error.. how can I get a licence of Creo 4.0??

Had tried to install Creo 3.0 before Creo 4.0 but I cant install Creo 3.0 at Windows 10.. Creo 4.0 is working but there is licence error..

How can I solve this?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Jonas26)

Also, there is no academic version available of Creo 4 at this time...if you are an academic/student user.

At first I want to Install CREO 3.0.. not working on Windows 10,

Now i tried to install CREO 4.0, installation is Working but i only get licences of CREO 3.0 and then there is licence error.. is there no solution to get a licence which is running CREO 4.0??

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Jonas26)

Windows 10 creators update had some specific problems.

If your creo 3 error was an unexpected kernel mode trap, you may need to look at this link.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/UNEXPECTED-KERNEL-MODE-TRAP-following-Windows-10-Creator-Update/m-p/418394

I got the same problem .I installed 4.0 but both installed and email license are 3.0 ...

Top Tags