cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is there a setting that can be set to pop up a dialog box asking to update the drw file after modify

JW_10749479
2-Guest

Is there a setting that can be set to pop up a dialog box asking to update the drw file after modify

Is there a setting I can set in Creo to prompt me to update the drw file after modifying part and asm files?

I know there is a value for the auto_drawing_update variable that causes an update.

When you modify and save a part or asm file other than the variable values, the "Do you want to update related files?" message appears. A message appears. I would like to pop up a dialog box with the phrase:

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate. 

Creo에서 부품 및 asm 파일을 수정한 후 drw 파일을 업데이트하라는 대화 상자를 표시하도록 설정할 수 있는 설정이 있습니까?
업데이트를 유발하는 auto_drawing_update 변수 값이 있다는 것을 알고 있습니다.

변수 값 이외의 부품 또는 asm 파일을 수정하고 저장하면 "관련 파일을 업데이트하시겠습니까?" 메시지가 나타납니다. 라는 문구가 있는 대화 상자를 띄우고 싶습니다.

1 REPLY 1

I don't think there is any way to do this. There is no information in a part or assembly file to indicate that it is used in one or more drawings. A drawing "knows" what parts and assemblies it uses, but the parts and assemblies do not "know" they are being used. In this respect, the drawing is somewhat of a "top level" file. Also, parts and assemblies can be used in multiple drawings.

Perhaps there is some of this functionality implemented if one is using Windchill? I don't know because we don't use that.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags