cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there any good documentation or video tutorials on Creo installation?

dmayfield
4-Participant

Is there any good documentation or video tutorials on Creo installation?

I am looking for something to reference while installing PTC Creo. I would love to see a video tutorial of some sort explaining the differences in licensing options, how to implement your license number and what optional configurations are available while installing Creo. What's the best resource to use that covers these topics (licensing, installation, initial configuration)?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

search for PTC Creo Installation and Administration Guide at PTC website.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

For Creo 3.0.

Two of the PDF's (pim_install_guide.pdf and FLEXLicensing.pdf) in installation media may help you.

Location of pim_install_guide.pdf in installation media is CD\pim\text\usascii

:

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:dmayfield)

In my opinion the Creo 3 installer is a big step backwards from earlier versions. It is confusing. The page which will probably catch you out is the one which first asks about your Sales Order Number and licence. On this page, you need to put the path to your licence file into that white text field in the lower half of the screen and ignore everything else. Then click next. You can also drag the licence file onto that field. You cannot browse to and select your licence file any more. It's pretty awful, but not a problem once you know it. Regardless, they should fix it.

Top Tags