cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is there any option available that two person work at a time in a same cad drawing in proe ?

hsuryaprakash
1-Newbie

Is there any option available that two person work at a time in a same cad drawing in proe ?

Ex:

engine.asm & engine.drw ( It has 10 sheets in a single cad drawing )

My colleague wants to open the same drawing and start to create view with new sheet (i.e)11th sheet

The same time I am working in the same cad drawing but it has only 10 sheet .

After My colleague have completed his work & saving the file in the same working folder (Note: still I am working with the same drawing)

Later I save the file in the same working folder .. Will it udated that 11 th sheet in saved drawing what I saved ?

Note: We dont have data management application

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

No.

You can work on independent drawings of the same items and the add the sheets of one drawing to the other when enough separate work has been done.

Be careful, because changes to the assembly file, such as changing the text that is part of dimensions, the tolerances, or the number of digits, will not be independent. Anything that causes the assembly to be modified will require the assembly to be saved. The other person will have to erase their drawing and assembly and re-open with the new version of the assembly.

There is very little software that supports what you want - it won't work in Word or Powerpoint or Photoshop. It works OK with Excel, but limits a number of operations. In Pro/E it doesn't work at all, except by starting separately and combining the result, and that only works when you are careful.

By default Proe & Creo store any created dims for a drawing in the model (part & assy) file. Othere information, like number of sheets, etc. I believe are stored in the drawing file. So, if the person working on the drawing creates and dimensions, they will be lost when a new part or assy is brought in. Also, any sections views created would be lost as they are defined in the part or assy as well.

There is a config option to change the behavior of created dims (create_drawing_dims_only), but that doesn't fix section views or any parameter info that the drawing person changes. The best practice is to not try to work on the same object.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags