cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Isometric Dimensions

CBenner
5-Regular Member

Isometric Dimensions

Has anyone worked much with 3D dimensions in an isometric view? I did this 2 days ago on a drawing, with no problem. Today I have to do a similar type of drawing for a different project, all the settings are the same as the previous drawing, and all of my dimensions show up in a linear orientation. Well, not all of them... about half.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
2 REPLIES 2

Have you got 'allow_3d_dimensions' set to 'YES'?
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:JosephLord)

Yes. First thing I checked. I am using the same settings as the previous drawing that this worked on. And on this drawing, SOME of the dimensions come out iso,... some come out ortho. I've noticed, however, that if you show a dimension with that setting turned off... erase it, and turn the setting on, it will NOT revert to iso. Once you've shown it, you seem to be pooched on that part. My solution seems to be.... delete this assembly and start over with new parts that have never had the dimensions shown. PTC... Work on your 2D drawing side!
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Top Tags