cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Issues with students accessing Bill of Materials bom_description_down.tbl

RB_7673983
3-Visitor

Issues with students accessing Bill of Materials bom_description_down.tbl

Hi, 

We have recently rolled out Creo 7.0 but have found an issue where students cannot seem to access the bom_description_down.tbl file so they dont get to create a bill of materials.

(Please excuse my ignorance of terminology, im just the school network manager, i dont know much on how to use CAD).  

Thinking it might be a permission issue i tried every combination of secuirty settings i could think of and even made a test student local admin of the machine but still he could not access this file.

Is this something anyone has ever seen before?  Screenshot shows the teachers account who can see the file.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:RB_7673983)

Does the teacher PC have a config.pro with pro_table_dir set to something different than the student PCs?

The screenshot is using the system directory location for the table (tbl) files. The pro_table_dir configuration option sets that default location.

Have you tried having one of the students browsing to the folder starting from the root drive folder?

@RB_7673983 

You might be missing config option pro_table_dir. Try setting config to folder holding table files. 

Thanks so much for the info.  I will have a look into this.  Our student machines are deployed by MDT and our teacher machines were installed manually so perhaps there is a discrepancy there.  I will take a look and report back

Top Tags