cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Keyshot problems with Creo models

nfoulkes
1-Newbie

Keyshot problems with Creo models

Good evening,

I am currently having some unexplained problems with the PTC Creo 3 models that I am trying to render in Keyshot.

holeproblem.JPG

As you can see the mounting holes look fine in Creo but like hexagons in Keyshot.

Before exporting the models into the .bip file I changed the settings within Creo so that the edges display quality was set to high quality and the shade quality was set to 21 out of a possible 50.

In a separate model with self shadows selected I got the rib like shadows under the cover as shown on the right. Also on the base there was an unexplained vertical line that I could not get rid of without blowing out my model with lights; self shadows has no effect on this line.

shadowproblems.JPG

I've been using some Keyshot tutorials to help me render some of my previous work but these anomalies are making it very tough to get a great image without having to pull it out into Photoshop which I really want to avoid for efficiency reasons.

Please feel free to post any decent rendering tips that I should use for lighting my 3D models.

Many thanks in advance everyone,

Nic

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved by increasing the tessellation value in the settings of the plugin.... thanks all

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not entirely sure - supposedly Keyshot can use NURBS surfaces directly from Creo, but the problem you have looks like a tessellation problem, so I'd check the config settings associated with exporting to Keyshot for that. There are some amusing examples on the web of output similar to yours that were fixed by changing tessellation.

Nicholas,

I can test your problem, if you publish:

• what Creo 3.0 version do you use
  • what Keyshot version do you use
  • how do you transfer data from creo to Keyshot (do you use Keyshot plugin ? what version ?)

Also try to reproduce the problem on simple model (cylinder with hole ?) and attach it using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi there Martin thank you for your time,

Creo M030

Keyshot 5.3 pro

Keyshot plugin 3.10

holeproblem1.JPG

This is a simple 250x250x250mm block with a 81mm diameter hole in it...about as simple as you can get but the edges are still not right.

Before exporting the models into the .bip file I changed the settings within Creo so that the edges display quality was set to high quality and the shade quality was set to 21 out of a possible 50 (I have no tried at 50 - there is no difference that I can see)

Hopefully you can help,

Many thanks,

Nic

Problem solved by increasing the tessellation value in the settings of the plugin.... thanks all

Nicholas,

You may mark your reply as correct answer, as you corrected that.

Top Tags