cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

LISP error when trying to add Lip to sheetmetal part

mmaenpaa
10-Marble

LISP error when trying to add Lip to sheetmetal part

Good afternoon,

Can anyone explain this error message?

I am trying to add a lip to the edge of a part. As soon as I pick an edge, I get the message.

LISP error:

NIL is not of type (OR RATIONAL FLOAT).

Thanks!

Mike

LISP_Error.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem is:
the sheet part has a thickness of 1.6256 mm or 0.064 inch and no valid material attached.

If you don´t have this thickness available in your demoshop you cannot create new lips.

You have to customize your demoshop-file.

If there is a material with this thickness available you have to attach this material to the part.

If this is done all new lips work fine.

Best regards

WoHo

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

upload the part and mark the edge

best regards

WoHo

mmaenpaa
10-Marble
(To:whofer)

Here's the part.

Workplane shows the edge, but it happens with any edge.

Thanks for looking!

Mike

Are you using the standard shop, or a customized one?

Otherwise, try to use the standard shop. Maybe some customizing generates this error.

Shop name shows "demoshop", which has most likely been customized long before I arrived here.

I don't see any other shops available to select.

Mike

I think the demoshop is the standard title, but indeed, it can have been customized, without changing the name.

Your answer could be considered correct too, since it seems like the sheetmetal shop was modified by erasing the material. It had enough info to allow unfolding but wasn't able to do anything else.

Mike

The problem is:
the sheet part has a thickness of 1.6256 mm or 0.064 inch and no valid material attached.

If you don´t have this thickness available in your demoshop you cannot create new lips.

You have to customize your demoshop-file.

If there is a material with this thickness available you have to attach this material to the part.

If this is done all new lips work fine.

Best regards

WoHo

mmaenpaa
10-Marble
(To:whofer)

That was the one thing I did not check.

Since it would unfold, I assumed it was a valid sheetmetal part.

Thank you Wolfgang.

Mike

Top Tags