cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Launching Creo 2.0 from a Server on the Network vs. a Workstation on the Network

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

Launching Creo 2.0 from a Server on the Network vs. a Workstation on the Network

I currently install Creo 2.0 on a Microsoft Server 2008 machine.

I then point all my clients to this network install and Creo runs just fine.

I am trying something similar for a different location and the only difference is that instead of installing Creo on a Microsoft Server, I am installing it on a Workstation running Windows 7 professional 64-bit OS. I also made this Workstation the license server.

I point my client to this install location which I shared and mapped on the network. It finds Creo, it launches it but I keep getting an error that the License Machine is not found.

(-96) License server machine is down or not responding

I can run Creo on the actual workstation that has the install and serves as the license server, but I get a license server error when I try to launch Creo from a different computer that points to this install.

Any ideas

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

3 REPLIES 3

Some of you are asking me to check the Windows Firewall which I did and did not mention on my original post. Windows Firewall has Creo by PTC enabled and it's not blocked.

I did notice something on the port. It says "Any" and I wonder if I should change it to 7788 specifically.

I also noticed that the new FlexLM Software is different and has a web based UI now. When I dig into this new UI, I find that the port is set to 7788 which should be correct.

Here is a screen shot

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Please check to what license the startup scripts points.
It might be pointing to 7788@localhost, which works fine on your
server, but not on the clients.
If it does point to the server, make sure the server is found by the
clients.
Just because the server shows in Windows doesn't mean it can be found
by FlexLM.
It may be a domain lookup thing, or something like that.

Here's an idea: go on a client and open a command prompt. In the
command window, go to the creo folder on the server, locate the
lmutil.exe, and try a "lmutil lmstat -a -c 7788@server". See where it
goes wrong or what error shows up.

Best regards,
Patrick Asselman

I want to thank everyone for the great suggestions and tips on what to look for.

Unfourtunately nothing worked but I did resolve it.

I re-installed Creo and FlexNet on the computer and all my client machines were able to run Creo 2.0 just fine.

Initially I ran the setup a few times with no success, but then I un-installed and re-installed the software and it works.

Have no idea why, but it's working fine now.

Thanks for all the input and help.

Top Tags