cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Lend CREO licenses 30 days

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine

Lend CREO licenses 30 days

Hello,

I need to lend a CREO license for 30 days, do you have a procedure on how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MS_Santos wrote:

Hello ,

Can I put 30 days in the TXT file? In which of the green options?

Hi,

my answer is NO. You must not change the contents of license file.

Once again ... please read installguide110.pdf, page 86.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hello, a thousand apologies

yes it would be borrow that, but I do not have server licenses and local, is there any way to do this? to do this can be any license?

Hi,

you can borrow floating licenses, only. Locked licenses cannot be borrowed.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

read https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/ProE-Borrow-Can-not-borrow-that-long/m-p/671254

Also download https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Creo_Parametric/11,-d-,0/installguide110.pdf and go to page 86.

Also ask Google ... creo borrow license and read offered documents.

Martin Hanák
MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello ,

@MS_Santos wrote:

Hello ,

Hi,

my answer is NO. You must not change the contents of license file.

Once again ... please read installguide110.pdf, page 86.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MS_Santos,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina

Community Moderator

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MS_Santos)

You may also have the option of installing a Home_Use license for doing company work on a home computer or laptop without having the restriction of a time limit like a borrowed license.

The Borrow.bat in the Creo loadpoint is the only method for borrowing a license.

Set the borrow duration time with an environment variable LM_BORROW_DURATION = XX (where XX is the number of days, maximum is 29 for a perpetual license and 179 for a subscription license).

The license borrowed will 'lock' a license in your company license pool until it is returned or the borrow expires.

Top Tags