cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Licence Borrowing & Working from Home

JWayman
1-Newbie

Licence Borrowing & Working from Home

Hello,

I have a number of users who have laptops and who want to use Pro/E (WF4) whilst not connected to the network. There is no chance of a VPN connection, unfortunately.

We are able to borrow licences and we are able to launch Intralink (3.4) and hence Pro/E. The problem lies in the workspaces. When we launch Pro/E from the Intralink menu whilst connected to the network, we are presented with a list of the available workspaces, and we select the one we wish to work in. When we launch Pro/E from the Intralink menu whilst not connected to the network, we are presented only with the 'No Workspace' option'.

I imagine it must be something to do with the batch files we use. Whilst connected, we use a network-based batch file to launch ILink, but when disconnected, we use a local one.

I have compared the two (both called proilinkrelease_3.4.bat) and can see no obvious differences.

Is there somewhere particular I should look?

I look forward to your suggestions.

Cheers,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
DHLewis
11-Garnet
(To:JWayman)

John,

With Intralink 3.4 there is no way to work completely offline from a workspace. Intralink 3.x requires that you be always connected to the server as it requires initial login to grant access to your local workspaces. Intralink 10.X currently allows you to work offline in your workspace when completely disconnected from the network, and then Syncronize when you return to a connection (a lot like Outlook does). When we were still using 3.x, the only way to access workspaces was when the user was conntected via VPN.

Sorry there isn't a better solution other than taking on the change to Intralink 10.x

David

Top Tags