cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Licence for Creo Elements

asouthern
3-Visitor

Licence for Creo Elements

Hi,

I'm using Creo Elements Direct Express for personal / not for profit usage.

It does most of the things I need it to do.

I use PTC Creo (ProE) at work.

Is there any advantage to upgrading to Creo Elements Direct Professional for my home usage?

Does the License prevent me using Creo Elements Direct Express (Professional) for paid work?

Thanks.

-Andy

4 REPLIES 4

How much does a license for Creo Elements Direct Modelling cost?

You can find PTC's software reseller in your region here: Find a Software Reseller - PTC

ndodelova
4-Participant
(To:asouthern)

Users running the professional version of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling can also run Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express on the same machine. This is helpful for users desiring home or personal use. Note that the PK2 format of Modeling Express is not transferable between express and the professional version.

The professional version of Creo Elements/Direct definitely has superior modeling capabilities and is one of the best 3D CAD Modeling softwares currently available in the market.

All,

Please note that Creo Elements Direct professional and Express do not allow to exchange native 3D (=SD Data) between each other.
Means that you cannot use a 3D model created in Express in the professional version.
This topic has been discussed in several threads of the Creo Elements Direct Community.

Regards,

Max - one of the developers of SolidDesigner

Top Tags