cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

License Borrow and Return Bug??

MikeCavins
12-Amethyst

License Borrow and Return Bug??

Everytime I borrow a license and the time period expires, I get the standard note that it has been detected and deleted.

The issues is, I cannot clear this message.  I can tell the 'OK' button is active becuase is flashes when clicked.  but nothing happens.  The only way I have found to continue is to kill Creo from the Task Manager.

The next launch runs perfectly.  Has anyone experienced/solved this?

Creo 2.0   M160

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

unfortunatelly I have never seen this message, therefore I can't give you any advice.

How do you borrow the license ? By default borrow period end at midnight ... do you work during night ?

Martin Hanák

You can set the Borrow period between 1 and 14 days.  I usually borrow for 3 days to work over a weekend.

Hi,

so you usually follow this "procedure":

1.) On Friday (before you leave the office) you borrow the license. If you set 3 days during borrowing action, then license is borrowed until Monday 23:59.

2.) You work at home on Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

3.) On Monday you return to the office and continue working wih Creo

My suggestion:

Include another action into step 3. - at the office finish Creo session, execute early return of borrowed license and start Creo

Martin Hanák

My early return batch file contains following lines:

@echo off

set PATH="C:\PTC\Creo2_M160\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M160\x86e_win64\obj";%PATH%

lmutil lmborrow -return -c 7788@licenceservername PROE_license_name

pause

Martin Hanák

There will be a registry key generated after borrowing the license, named as Borrow. With the help of IT try deleting or renaming that key to avoid the warning. Key use to be at HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software 

I used to see it all the time at my prior job Smiley Very Happy, never found a solution.  I just dealt with killing Creo & restarting.  Since working with M230 at my new place I haven't seen it at all, perhaps a new build will fix it for you.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I just experienced this issue to. I can not 'click away' the '.. expired borrowed licenses' window. Had to End Task in TaskManager. 

I am using Creo 4.0, M050.

It used to work fine previously ...
I had my VPN turned on, so Creo had access to the license server. Maybe this has something to do with it.
Next time, when I know the borrowed license has expired, I will run Creo with VPN turned off. See if that makes a difference.

Top Tags