cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

License Error -15

Kai_Trippmacher
1-Newbie

License Error -15

Hello Guys,

I just received a new licensing .txt data and wanted to update the licende of PTC Creo Parametric.

After starting the "ptcsetup.bat" in "C:\PTC\flexnet\bin" everything worked well so far.

In the Setup I selected the new sent lincesing .txt data, clicked on the configure button and during the Installation process I receive the following error message: "The following warning conditions arose....: Startup License Server
License Management was successfully installed, but could not be started...."

What sould I do now?

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

if I want to replace old license file contents with new one, I use following procedure:

Note: 00-11-22-33-44-55.txt represents your license file

1. Create a backup copy of the current license.dat file in the licensing subdirectory of the FLEXlm installation
2. Open the license.dat file in the licensing subdirectory in the FLEXlm installation
3. open file 00-11-22-33-44-55.txt
4. In the license.dat file, select the SERVER and DAEMON lines and copy them
to Clipboard (CTRL + C)
5. In the 00-11-22-33-44-55.txt file, select the SERVER and DAEMON rows and replace them with the contents of the Clipboard (CTRL + V)
6. Select the entire contents of the file 00-11-22-33-44-55.txt (CTRL + A) and copy it
to Clipboard (CTRL + C)
7. Select the entire contents of the license.dat file (CTRL + A) and replace it with the contents of the Clipboard (CTRL + V)
8. Save and close the license.dat file
9. Close and do not save file 00-11-22-33-44-55.txt
10. Stop FLEXlm License Manager service
(FLEXlm server for PTC or lmadmin_ptc)
11. Start FLEXlm License Manager service
(FLEXlm server for PTC or lmadmin_ptc)

Martin Hanák

This error message occurs when the host ID the license has been locked does not match that of the system prepaidgiftbalance.

Top Tags